Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well Empty
PostSubject: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:45 pm

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/quentin-tarantino-hateful-eight-box-office-1201667927/

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well The-hateful-eight-8

Quote :
Christmas Day moviegoers showed Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” plenty of affection as the 70 mm roadshow launched with $1.9 million at 100 venues in 44 U.S. markets.

The opening day projects to an impressive $5 million for the weekend — or around $50,000 per screen — for what’s the largest 70 mm release in the last 20 years. That number will be the best by far for an opening in that range in the past five years, according to Rentrak

Seeing it in 70mm Film on opening day over here. :) 

Interstellar was pretty fucking amazing in 70mm, so Hateful Eight should be something special.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:54 pm

B-B-B-BUTT FILM IZ DEAD!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 3:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
B-B-B-BUTT FILM IZ DEAD!

It's far from being alive, though, I'd hate to admit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:06 am

In a run of merely 100 theaters compared to close to 1500+ theaters, Hateful Eight's 70mm Film Projection made up 15% of total box-office numbers of the film last weekend. 

That's darn great news. Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:59 am

Might go see it this week.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I'm seeing Hateful Eight in 70mm Film and TFA the same day tomorrow. 

Looking forward to it. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:39 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Yeah, you better go watch The Force Awakens soon. It's really hard talking about the film without spoiling anything. Especially if it's news related.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Yeah, you better go watch The Force Awakens soon. It's really hard talking about the film without spoiling anything. Especially if it's news related.

I know, man. I even have some people already spoiling certain things to me. It's a bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:41 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I know, man. I even have some people already spoiling certain things to me. It's a bit annoying.

Like what?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Like what?

Like:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Like what?

Like:

Spoiler:

Guess you'll have to find out tomorrow then. Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well 2505020059

But what I will say is that...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Like what?

Like:

Spoiler:

Guess you'll have to find out tomorrow then. Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well 2505020059

Spoiler:

Oh, I kept wondering what-the-hell people were referring to, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:04 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Like what?

Like:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh, I kept wondering what-the-hell people were referring to, lol. Razz

The Mary Sue thing? Yeah, I don't really agree with that. People who say Rey is a Mary Sue character obviously don't have enough common sense to put the pieces together.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 pm

70mm in this film was amazing. 

I liked the roadshow aspect, but the intermission was rather a misstep, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 4:14 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I liked the roadshow aspect, but the intermission was rather a misstep, to be honest.

Was it better than Interstellar's 70mm?

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well 2910649-5448793377-27562
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 5:27 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Was it better than Interstellar's 70mm?

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well 2910649-5448793377-27562

The 70mm Film in Hateful Eight looked better as far as how the actors' faces and skin looked, but I think that Interstellar's 70mm was a little bit better utilized as that Film has a grainy-style and look to it, in the first place. Still pretty great, though.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 7:24 am

Mecha wrote:
Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well Tumblr_m9khtu8l1d1ryup1to1_500
WTF
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:39 pm

I've heard from some people that this film is just a worse version of Reservoir Dogs, just set in a western setting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Archduke wrote:
I've heard from some people that this film is just a worse version of Reservoir Dogs, just set in a western setting.

That's the perfect description of the film.

Awesome 70mm presentation, but a disappointing movie in itself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm

What I don't get is, why did QT decide to shoot The Hateful Eight on 70mm out of all films? Judging by the reviews, The Hateful Eight takes mostly in a cabin. Why does that need to be in Cinemascope?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
What I don't get is, why did QT decide to shoot The Hateful Eight on 70mm out of all films? Judging by the reviews, The Hateful Eight takes mostly in a cabin. Why does that need to be in Cinemascope?

It's a way of using scope to add tension and curiosity to the audience. The 70mm Film and large cabin constantly show minor details and actors conversing in the background and mid-ground. It makes you constantly second guess who to trust and/or what to expect, when you don't know where to put your focus on in regards to what kickstarted the events.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:33 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It's a way of using scope to add tension and curiosity to the audience. The 70mm Film and large cabin constantly show minor details and actors conversing in the background and mid-ground. It makes you constantly second guess who to trust and/or what to expect, when you don't know where to put your focus on in regards to what kickstarted the events.

Well, I would have love to see it in 70mm film. But after what happened with Interstellar (Sad), I didn't want to make that same mistake again.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Well, I would have love to see it in 70mm film. But after what happened with Interstellar (Sad), I didn't want to make that same mistake again.

You didn't see Interstellar in 70mm film, though?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:51 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Exactly?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Exactly?

You didn't see Hateful Eight in 70mm because you didn't see Interstellar... In 70mm? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well   Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hateful Eight 70mm Roadshow doing darn well
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next