Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! Empty
PostSubject: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! Dracula-universal

Quote :
“I was raised on monster movies,” Morgan says. “I used to make my own fake puke, so I wouldn’t have to go to school and could stay home and watch things like ‘Cat People’ on TV. I can still tell you what I used — orange juice, Saltines, Pepsi and milk.”

Both men think that after more than a decade of seeing Captain America, Batman and other heroes routinely save civilization, moviegoers are ready for a change of pace.

“Heroes tend to be perfect, but most people in an audience aren’t ever going to know what it’s like to be the smartest, strongest or fastest person alive,” Morgan says. “But there’s a darkness inside everybody. And everyone wants to be able to turn a curse into empowerment. The monsters have been in the shadows, and now it’s time to bring them out into the light.”

In case you guys don't know, Universal had their own "cinematic universe" (more commonly referred to as the "Monster Era" back then) that was centered around horror monsters more than 6 decades ago and are now bringing it back for modern audiences.

Dude, I am SO in! :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:20 pm

I don't understand how this can work? These characters are public domain. Meaning, ANYONE can make a monsters film universe. Sure Universal has certain rights to whatever originated in their Universal monster movies back in the 30s, but that doesn't change the fact that anyone can use these characters. For example, we are getting Victor Frankenstein this month by Fox. So how are audiences going to know which belongs in the same universe? And are they willing to see ANOTHER Frankenstein film when Universal decides to make their own version?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
I don't understand how this can work? These characters are public domain. Meaning, ANYONE can make a monsters film universe. Sure Universal has certain rights to whatever originated in their Universal monster movies back in the 30s, but that doesn't change the fact that anyone can use these characters. For example, we are getting Victor Frankenstein this month by Fox. So how are audiences going to know which belongs in the same universe? And are they willing to see ANOTHER Frankenstein film when Universal decides to make their own version?

Every monster is a public domain, but specific versions aren't. 

When you ask most people about Dracula, they'd say they know who it is, but when you ask about Nosferatu, you may raise some eyebrows. The trick? They're both the same monster.

Universal still owns the rights to most of their classic versions, which will help sell them to the audience as they're the more recognizable ones (for the most parts.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

When you ask most people about Dracula, they'd say they know who it is, but when you ask about Nosferatu, you may raise some eyebrows. The trick? They're both the same monster.

Universal still owns the rights to most of their classic versions, which will help sell them to the audience as they're the more recognizable ones (for the most parts.)

That's why I said, "Sure Universal has certain rights to whatever originated in their Universal monster movies back in the 30s". I'm aware that they have the rights to their versions. Even though anyone can escape around it. I also know that Universal has the film rights to the title "Dracula". Which is why most Dracula films are always sub-titled or has the name of the author on it. But even if Universal is doing their versions of the characters, it sure don't sound like it. Like The Mummy taking place in modern day for example.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That's why I said, "Sure Universal has certain rights to whatever originated in their Universal monster movies back in the 30s". I'm aware that they have the rights to their versions.

Oh, alright. I must have misunderstood you. My bad. 

Even though anyone can escape around it. I also know that Universal has the film rights to the title "Dracula". Which is why most Dracula films are always sub-titled or has the name of the author on it. But even if Universal is doing their versions of the characters, it sure don't sound like it. Like The Mummy taking place in modern day for example.

Well, I'm sure they'll use some variations in there since, like I originally said: "[Universal] are bringing it back for modern audiences", they kind of have to freshen them up to make modern audiences really care. That being said, I'm also sure that they will use most of their classic DNA to their franchises as well. I mean, if not, why keep them, you know?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Quote :
Well, I'm sure they'll use some variations in there since, like I originally said: "[Universal] are bringing it back for modern audiences", they kind of have to freshen them up to make modern audiences really care. That being said, I'm also sure that they will use most of their classic DNA to their franchises as well. I mean, if not, why keep them, you know?

Exactly! Usually I prefer Dracula and Frankenstein to be more faithful to the novels, since none of their films have truly done justice to the books. But in this case, Universal should take advantage of their versions instead. However, Universal does have the rights to The Wolf Man though. But that leaves another problem, we already seen The Wolf Man get remade. Then again, they are re-remaking The Mummy AGAIN, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Quote :

Exactly! Usually I prefer Dracula and Frankenstein to be more faithful to the novels, since none of their films have truly done justice to the books. But in this case, Universal should take advantage of their versions instead. However, Universal does have the rights to The Wolf Man though. But that leaves another problem, we already seen The Wolf Man get remade. Then again, they are re-remaking The Mummy AGAIN, so yeah.

I would say that the new Mummy is less of a remake and more of a different version. You wouldn't call Todd Browning's 1931 Dracula to be a remake of Murnau's classic Nosferatu from the silent era. I'm sure it's the same case with this new Mummy. Especially since it's being touted as "a horror film" rather than some fantasy/adventure crap.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:19 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Quote :

I would say that the new Mummy is less of a remake and more of a different version. You wouldn't call Todd Browning's 1931 Dracula to be a remake of Murnau's classic Nosferatu from the silent era. I'm sure it's the same case with this new Mummy. Especially since it's being touted as "a horror film" rather than some fantasy/adventure crap.

That's not how audiences are going to see it. People still have Brendan Fraser's Mummy in their minds. But I guess, it all depends how they advertise the film. Also I don't know why, but I got the feeling that these Universal monster movies will be PG-13.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Quote :

That's not how audiences are going to see it. People still have Brendan Fraser's Mummy in their minds. But I guess, it all depends how they advertise the film. Also I don't know why, but I got the feeling that these Universal monster movies will be PG-13.

Well, if audiences don't see those two versions as remakes, then there's no reason they'll see these two as such, either.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 7:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Well, if audiences don't see those two versions as remakes, then there's no reason they'll see these two as such, either.

It's not that they won't see the difference between the two. It's just people expect the fantasy adventure comedy from the Mummy franchise now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:08 pm

This is OLD news. I believe Dracula Untold was suppose to start this "universe".
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm

yonny616 wrote:
This is OLD news. I believe Dracula Untold was suppose to start this "universe".

It was. Until it sucked Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! 725796345 (no pun intended).
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

It was. Until it sucked Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! 725796345 (no pun intended).
Has Universal confirmed it won't be part? Or are they retrying like WB did with the DC movie universe after Green Lantern failed?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 11:46 am

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Has Universal confirmed it won't be part? Or are they retrying like WB did with the DC movie universe after Green Lantern failed?

Seems like they did reshoots to make Dracula Untold fit with the monsters universe. But once it flopped, they are ignoring it now.
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2015 11:46 am

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! OltFjiW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!   Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal to bring BACK its Monster Universe after DECADES!!
Page 1 of 1