Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks Empty
PostSubject: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:53 am

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 4:15 pm

Terms don't sound too bad, wouldn't mind more details though, since it also sounds like this would allow VAs to make unlimited revenue.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:50 pm

http://nichegamer.com/2015/09/game-voice-actors-consider-strike-game-developers-respond/

Quote :
“Drop them all,” said one developer. “I couldn’t give less of a shit who the actors are that perform game voices. These people are nuts. They already get too much money for what is arguably a pretty easy gig. We’re working years on single projects for, if we are lucky, fair salaries.”

Nice to hear back from the developers.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 3:39 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
http://nichegamer.com/2015/09/game-voice-actors-consider-strike-game-developers-respond/

Quote :
“Drop them all,” said one developer. “I couldn’t give less of a shit who the actors are that perform game voices. These people are nuts. They already get too much money for what is arguably a pretty easy gig. We’re working years on single projects for, if we are lucky, fair salaries.”

Nice to hear back from the developers.

Every time I hear about a strike, I wonder why lock outs aren't any more common. Teachers here went on strike because they were losing the right to stockpile sick days and 'retire' a couple years early without affecting their pension.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 am

Lol, Teacher strikes here are more about trying to get more money and complain about how hard their job is.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am

kek u guys have no idea how overworked teachers are
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 am

Yeah this is dumb. Getting a VA position is really difficult sure, but once you get it it's only a couple days of work for a huge paycheck. The word is Wil Wheaton and Ashley Burch are some of the strikers...yeah fuck those guys. There are so many people who want to get into VA I'm sure developers can find new talent pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Stigma wrote:
Yeah this is dumb. Getting a VA position is really difficult sure, but once you get it it's only a couple days of work for a huge paycheck. The word is Wil Wheaton and Ashley Burch are some of the strikers...yeah fuck those guys. There are so many people who want to get into VA I'm sure developers can find new talent pretty quickly.

I hear Wheaton's big complaint is that if you refuse a gig from a publisher, them or their devs won't consider you for future roles. Freelancers have it so tough, eh? Lots of people seem to agree with him, but honestly complaining about not being able to pick and choose each aspect of your job is fucking ridiculous. No one else gets to keep their job if they refuse to do boring aspects, not even CEOs and shit, why should they?

Most of the names involved in this seem like talentless hacks anyways. They can go fuck themselves for all I care, voice actors are overused nowadays.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Angelus wrote:
Stigma wrote:

I hear Wheaton's big complaint is that if you refuse a gig from a publisher, them or their devs won't consider you for future roles.  Freelancers have it so tough, eh?  Lots of people seem to agree with him, but honestly complaining about not being able to pick and choose each aspect of your job is fucking ridiculous.  No one else gets to keep their job if they refuse to do boring aspects, not even CEOs and shit, why should they?  

Most of the names involved in this seem like talentless hacks anyways.  They can go fuck themselves for all I care, voice actors are overused nowadays.

Fairly common thing to happen without a good reason or unreasonable terms, conditions and pay. If he refuses then decides later he wants to do a future job with them then tough shit. Like Stigma said, plenty of people to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 10:33 pm

Union Authorized the Strike. Might come into contact with some publishers and tell them to blow them the fuck out. We might have cheesier voice acting for a bit, but at this point these guys are just being greedy fucks (with zero economic literacy). If Wheaton and Burch seriously believe they're worth that much, they're wrong. Next they'll be complaining that they can't land gigs, because suddenly they're competing with more talented or famous people who want a piece of that thick green pie.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/10/video-game-voice-actor-union-authorizes-strike/

Quote :
We’ve learned (via Variety) that following a poll from its members, the video game voice actor union SAG-AFTRA has voted by an overwhelming majority to authorize a strike, should negotiations for better compensation fail.

The news comes after prominent and beloved voices actors began to campaign for more exposure to their cause roughly two weeks ago. In total, the union states that “96.52% of members [voted] in favor of the referendum.”

With the strike approved, should the union’s National Board declare a strike, voice actors will be forbidden to go and do their work – voicing the game characters we’ve come to know (or may not have experienced yet).

Voting for the strike began weeks ago following months of failed negotiations with publishers like Activision and Electronic Arts, who seemingly are not budging in their compensation for voice talent. You can find a list of the union’s demands over on their website.

Chief among these demands are royalties, residuals, and stunt pay for more demanding recording sessions. Despite the support of some fans, it seems like video game developers are not happy – if you read our previous report.

How do you guys feel about the escalation of the entire debacle? Sound off in the comments below!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:29 am

Quote :
Sure. Most of the smaller and less popular games won’t be affected by the residuals payment. We structured our proposal to trigger at 2 million units, the point we would regard a game as a blockbuster.

2 million units is probably the break even line for most AAA games these day.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 5:11 am

Videogame voice actors aren't even that good. Only good one is the guy that played Kaz and the guy that played Major Zero. Keifer Sutherland was also good, but barely spoke.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 12:30 pm

It's 90% grunts and groans anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks   Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Actor Strike Approved, Confirmed to be greedy fucks
Page 1 of 1