Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Empty
PostSubject: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:51 am

Quote :
There's lots of talk at CinemaCon about how to draw patrons to theaters. Texas-headquartered startup ReelXperience Entertainment is at the confab to have discussions about its new cinema concept, a “theme park-like movie experience” that it aims to start rolling out in 2017. It's hoping to interest studios in partnering to offer content.

PLAZA

This is a unique outdoor space where the magic of the movies spills out on to the street. Similar to Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles, hand and foot prints from today’s biggest stars will be at guests’ feet to walk by and view. Outdoor performances of musicians and vignettes from films will entertain guests arriving for a great experience. There will also be a lite bar with food and beverage service available.

GRAND BAR

As a major focus and attraction found in the Grand Lobby, the bar is visible upon entering the facility. It’s unique design and aesthetic will visually draw guests to the area. In keeping with its high-end décor, the bar will have an unusual mix and selection of premium alcoholic beverages. Wait staff will be wearing signature reelXperience attire.

GRAND THEATRES

Multiple large theaters can seat up to 400 people with state-of-the art projection and sound systems. Uniquely themed to the presentation, the room features interactive screens on the sides of the room and above that draw guests in during the preshow to their main feature film. Unusual high-quality seating will be available from which guests can choose such as convertible seats, couches and ottomans. All will have electric in-armrest controls for food and beverage service.

RESTAURANT AND DINNER THEATRE

This large restaurant will be open to the public during the day and will serve movie-inspired cuisine. Large projection walls surround the dining room and transform the environment with alternating visuals. At night the restaurant transitions into a reservation-only, live dinner theatre-in-the-round. Performances, costuming and sets will reflect the themes of famed-feature films.

MICROCINEMAS

Small theatres that seat up to thirty people with a menu of exhibition choices: feature films, sporting events, video gaming and special TV programming. Cinemas can be booked on site, when coming to RXP or in advance for special events and/or corporate gatherings. At select times during the year, MicroCinemas may also feature pre-programmed content such as film festivals. Food and beverage service is available with wait staff, if desired. There are plush and diverse seating options for guests with state-of-the-art projection and sound systems in every theatre.

EXPOSITION SPACE

This is a unique space, where guests can come to see and touchimmersive technology of the future. This area is constantly changing with the times. reelXperience is ahead of the curve and shares the latest technological advances with its guests in this area.

GRAND LOBBY

This massive open space is filled with a variety of comfortable seating arrangements. Wait staff will take care of guests’ beverage needs from the Grand Bar. Character performers and varied special effects will engage guests. Vignettes and artifacts from famed films will be on display.

VIP LOUNGE

Found in the Grand Lobby, this is an exclusive area for VIP guests with concierge-level service and premium food and beverages. The room itself has spacious seating with plush couches, chairs and entertainment pods.

IMMERSIVE SOUND STAGE

This vast open space will convert dramatically with each new feature film experience every three months. Unique cine- matic moments from the silver screen will be recreated with huge sets, expansive screens and alternating special effects. Character actors will engage guests. In this environment, guests will be given the sense that they are actually stepping into the feature film they have just seen.

DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

These entertainment tables and lounges will be located in the Grand Lobby area and feature interactive technologies such as group gaming, food and drink ordering, advertising and other video entertainment. 

MUSEUM SHOP

This is a unique retail engagement which will enable guests to purchase movie-related merchandise from the film they have just seen. There will be a deep product mix available from t-shirts, music and videos to more expensive limited- edition prints, collectibles and film memorabilia. Guests can learn more about the film’s production while viewing replicas from the film that will be on display such as original props, sets and costumes.

CONFECTIONER’S EMPORIUM

This premium sweet shop will be located off of the Grand Lobby, as guests proceed to the Museum Shop. It will have a collection of fun domestic confectionary delights as well as unique selections from around the world.

GRAND AMPHITHEATRE

Featured as a part of the exterior of the RXP facility, this is an expansive outdoor amphitheater with an innovative design that houses live, top-tier performances. It serves as a mini center for the arts for the local community.

CONCIERGE SERVICES

Found in the Grand Lobby and similar to a hotel’s front desk, this free standing counsel will have a few representatives available to accommodate guests’ needs from something as simple as answering a question to assisting with their RXP wearable electronic devices or making adjustments to or coordinating their dinner and/or film reservations.

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Jaw-drop
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:02 am

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:13 am

Quote :
reelXperience is dedicated to creating amazing cinematic experiences, reinvigorating the cinema of the past while moving forward to the cinema of the future. It will be an experience in which we enter a magical world blending physical and virtual realities. It will be a spectacle, an exhibition, a theatre, a playground, a community center and a museum.

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" 150903+EXTERIOR+Night

and 

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" 150419+Interior

Quote :
The theaters would feature traditional theaters, where guests could watch recently released movies or classic films on the big screen. MicroCinemas would allow guests to easily host private events. Another possible experience would involve guests dining in a room with a 360-degree screen that provides movie-based entertainment; actors would interact with guests to further bring the movie to life in an interactive way. ReelXPerience is also talking about a possible experience that would involve watching a movie and then entering a set designed to further deepen the experience.

Other elements such as walking the red carpet, curated retail, viewing movie props, serving film-inspired cuisine and viewing films in a whole new way are under development. “An opportunity to become the star is everyone’s fantasy, and only a few really get to enjoy that kind of celebrity,” said Deven May, entertainer and reelXperience creative director. “Everyone gets to come, play and be a star. We even have paparazzi on our team to capture the red carpet moments.”
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:40 am

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" 1582897_o
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 9:51 am

Dude, can you imagine how amazing this will be? It could be revolutionary if done right.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 10:06 am

@RamboOnRedBull I'm having trouble imagining it actually. Because it sounds something like out of a dream.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 12:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm having trouble imagining it actually. Because it sounds something like out of a dream.

Yeah, it does, actually.

You know, as super hyped as I am, I am just worried that something will go wrong. There's just no way this will become a reality in just a few years. o.0
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:03 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Well theaters can't stay the same forever. So at least things are moving forward.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Well theaters can't stay the same forever. So at least things are moving forward.

If this is the future of theaters, then cinema's future is bright as s***, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 11:55 am

LONG LIVE CINEMA!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 1:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
LONG LIVE CINEMA!

Cinema will always be my favorite medium for movies. <3
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 9:52 am

So pumped! :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2015 10:02 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

So pumped! :)

<3
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 11:22 am

Quote :
Negotiations are currently going on with content providers (i.e. Movie Studios/Distributors) but it is hoped that a mixture of old classics along with new films will be shown.

We talked about technology and whilst it was acknowledged that digital was going to make life easier, we did have a brief discussion about 35mm – Chris [CEO and Founder of reelXperience] loves 35mm as well, and nothing is ruled out of these productions.

Studios already partnering up with special exhibitions? A possibility for Film Projection!?

Quote :
Chris acknowledged that 3D and smell-o-vision etc. is all a gimmick. But reelXperience is concerned with the value is that is trying to be achieved, about doing something which involves live entertainment and interactivity, and bringing the two together. There is something special about live entertainment which you cannot reproduce in the home or on the mobile phone screen. And above all he wants to make that magic accessible to all, so that you don’t have to go to a theme park, but can get it as part of going to the cinema.

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Jizz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Quote :
The large spaces, while black boxes, are black boxes in the sense that they are actually theatres (sorry I can’t bear to spell it the American way). "They are going to offer a full interactive movie going experience which can last between 2 – 6 hours"

"These screenings are events, where it is has deliberately been intended that people might only go three or four times a year – in much the same way that you would go a theme park."

"The second part, the micro-cinemas are small auditoriums which would allow lots of flexible screenings, which might not just be film but other content as well, including live events, video gaming, film festivals, etc. They would be used both for first run movies and showing classic films as well."

"The idea with these is that they are cost effective cinemas which people can hire for their own private events and select the content that they may want to watch. These are the spaces which are aimed at bringing in the repeat audiences each week, rather than just once a quarter."

The small theaters house up to 30 people with "State-of-the-art projection and sound systems" in every one of them. The large ones house up to 400 people and are aimed at cinematic experiences with "movies that will stay in the theater for weeks - or months - longer than usual."

Oh boy, I can't effin' wait for this!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Shut_u11
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 12:42 pm

Ratner said that the large theatres will include ScreenX technology in reelXperience! 

Dude, my hype is through the fuckin' roof!!1
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 12:48 pm

Fuck sex! This is better!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Mecha wrote:

Man, imagine watching Star Wars: Episode 8 in a reelXperience theater in Fall 2017 0.o
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 1:11 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Man, imagine watching Star Wars: Episode 8 in a reelXperience theater in Fall 2017 0.o

I'm having trouble imagining it actually. Then again, even as a kid I always knew that movie theaters could look better. Hope that changes soon.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I'm having trouble imagining it actually. Then again, even as a kid I always knew that movie theaters could look better. Hope that changes soon.

Can't wait to hear the sweet Star Wars theme song being played live as I walk into the large theaters during premiere day.  dood!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:39 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Can't wait to hear the sweet Star Wars theme song being played live as I walk into the large theaters during premiere day.  dood!

I could just imagine...

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" Vx8u1Av
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:11 am

Oh, boy, Chris Ratner is planning to include this in reelXperience's Lobbies:

Skip to 0:29!!!1 o.0
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:26 am

lol, that's kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"   Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revolutionary New Movie Complexes "Built like a Theme Park"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next