Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year Empty
PostSubject: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:21 am

We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year 1372566255459433539

Quote :
Today in Germany, Square Enix announced that the elusive Final Fantasy XV is totally on schedule and that they’ve even planned out a release date. Then, in traditional Square Enix fashion, they said they couldn’t tell it to us yet.

In a bizarre, frustrating live presentation from Gamescom this afternoon, FFXV director Hajime Tabata teased a few story details—and showed some brief gameplay footage—without answering the question everyone really cares about: after nearly a decade of development, when is this game coming out? This coming May will mark the ten-year anniversary of Final Fantasy Versus XIII’s announcement. In June, it’ll have been three years since Square announced that they’d rebranded Versus as FFXV and moved it to current-gen platforms. How much longer do they expect people to wait?

Just before this year’s E3, Tabata and crew announced plans to kick off a new marketing campaign for the fifteenth Final Fantasy that would start with this Gamescom. Many of us assumed this marketing blitz would start with the announcement of a release date—or at least a release window—and then cycle through a few months of trailers, magazine covers, and hands-on press previews, all leading up to a game launch in, say, May 2016. Or next fall at the latest.

Instead, we got a trailer that’s nearly 50% hugs. We got a few non-answers about airships and plot points (“Please look forward to more in the future!”) and we learned that they’re going to launch a forum soon (but it’s not ready yet, because Final Fantasy XV). We also learned that their next live presentation will be at PAX Prime in three weeks, where they plan to show the same trailer again. They’re also gonna show it at TGS.

What we didn’t get was any sort of assurance that Final Fantasy XV is coming out any time soon, which is one of the reasons fans are dismissing today’s presentation as a disaster. (“I’m crying and laughing at the same time here,” wrote one GAF poster. “Please send help.”) People are sick of the insignificant story morsels and promises that Tabata and team keep teasing out at these live presentations. Everyone just wants to play the damn game.

So maybe we’ll see FFXV next year. Maybe the demo’s Duscae region is actually the only thing they’ve built so far, and we’ll see the game in the fall of 2017. Maybe the pressure’s really getting to them. Who knows? For now, here’s footage of Noctis dying to a Malboro. Please look forward to more in the future.

Warning: Kotaku Article
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 3:08 am

There's nothing in that article that implies XV won't be coming next year other than the writer's personal opinion on it. And this opinion based around Square Enix not announcing it's release date at a joke of an expo like Gamescon. Has anything significant ever come out of Gamescon? The answer is no, Gamescon is a convention you go to, to be disappointed.

Anyways I would recommend you stop using an unscrupulous, click baity website like Kotaku. And anything to do with Gawker media in general.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:49 am

I gave up waiting for the game a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Ill wait for the tokyo game show for an announcement
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:04 pm

I hate Malboro, if you dont have equipped what you need to counter him you are fucked, just flee!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year   We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We'll Be Lucky to See Final Fantasy XV Next Year
Page 1 of 1