Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! Empty
PostSubject: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! 462952324

Quote :
Sony is eyeing “Boyhood” director Richard Linklater to helm Jennifer Lawrence’s dramedy “The Rosie Project.”

The movie, based on the Graeme Simsion novel, centers on a socially awkward genetics professor who devises a science-based survey to find the perfect mate — only to see those theories splintered when he meets the spontaneous Rosie Jarman (played by Lawrence), who possesses the opposite qualities.

Scott Neustadter and Michael Weber, who teamed on “(500) Days of Summer,” have revised Simsion’s  adaptation of the novel. 

This would be fucking awesome! Linklater and P.T. Anderson are the two greatest filmmakers that emerged from the '90s IMO. Would love to see Linklater team-up with Hollywood and Jennifer, as he's a great fit for this type of story.

Also:

Quote :
Paramount announced Monday that it will release Linklater’s baseball comedy — formerly titled “That’s What I’m Talking About” ['Everybody Wants Some' is the new title] — on April 15.

Soo, we're getting a Joon-Ho Bong film, a Linklater Film, another Damien Chazelle film, the follow-up film for Me and Earl and The Dying Girl's director Gomez Rejon, a Woody Allen film, Two Xavier Dolan films, Affleck's Live by Night, Scorsese's Silence, etc. all in the same year? Along with Suicide Squad, BvS and Deadpool? Bring it on, 2016!!!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Why is Martin Scorsese remaking a horror classic?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Mecha wrote:

Silence isn't a remake of a horror classic...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:37 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

So it has nothing to do with the 1991 version then?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:22 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

So it has nothing to do with the 1991 version then?

Ha... Ha... Ha... (Slow clap)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Oh, and Vallee's follow-up to Wild and Dallas Buyers Club, along with the Coens' Hail Ceaser, are also coming out next year. 

#GreatnessAwaits
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 2:11 pm

2016 should be better than 2015.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:03 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/jeff-nichols-sci-fi-midnight-special-with-michael-shannon-joel-edgerton-pushed-back-to-march-2016-20150728

Another Jeff Nichols film? Also coming out next year? BRB, gotta beat it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 am

Hopefully, Richard Linklater doesn't take 12 years this time.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 am

Cliché'd Boyhood joke? Lame.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:27 am

But seriously, I just hope 2016 doesn't turn out to be another 2015. Where we expected too much from this year. But so far, it's been a pretty average year. Like you know something isn't right when Ant-Man is your third favorite movie of the year so far.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:36 am

Mecha wrote:
But seriously, I just hope 2016 doesn't turn out to be another 2015. Where we expected too much from this year. But so far, it's been a pretty average year. Like you know something isn't right when Ant-Man is your third favorite movie of the year so far.

Some of this year's films have been pushed to next year (Everybody Wants Some, Midnight Special, Demolition, etc.), and this year also has only had few movies so far with the best ones coming this fall.

2016 has films from filmmakers like Scorsese to Linklater to Xavier Dolan to the Coen brothers to Damien Chazelle to Deadpool to Suicide Squad to Joon-ho Bong, etc. 

There is a chance that those films may not be all that great, but there'd still be a ton more exciting films that have the potential to be great. And don't forget about Sundance next year, either, as it's the festival that premiered Whiplash, Fruitvale Station, Beasts of the Southern Wild and Me and Earl over the past 4 years in a row. I'm sure they'll have some surprise films next year as well. But, hey, who knows, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 am

@RamboOnRedBull You mean like how some of the best films this year weren't even in your list for 2015? Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 6:52 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull You mean like how some of the best films this year weren't even in your list for 2015? Razz

They weren't in yours, either. I love you 

#KA-POW!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 am

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! 1105191143
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!   Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Pictures possibly teaming up with Richard Linklater!
Page 1 of 1