Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" Empty
PostSubject: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:39 pm

Would've liked a Danish release date by now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:46 pm

He also thinks Salo is a good film as well. So yeah...
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
He also thinks Salo is a good film as well. So yeah...

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is one of the biggest hits all year, whilst being the biggest Sundance hit this year. Even Hugh Jackman said of the director: 

Quote :
Alfonso is one of the great, most exciting directors out there. I love him so much I actually signed on to his next movie. 
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 am

Okay, I've just seen the trailer for Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Now I'm VERY interested on the film. I'll watch it as soon as it comes out on Blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:19 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/will-smith-in-collateral-beauty/

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" Willsmith-focus-outside-700x330

Quote :

Recently Johnny Depp was tipped as a potential replacement, but instead another international superstar has stepped up to the plate with Will Smith taking the lead role in the drama that still has Rooney Mara attached as the female lead. Find out more about Will Smith in Collateral Beauty after the jump!

Deadline has word on Smith replacing Jackman in the story of a New York advertising executive who experiences a deep personal tragedy, spiraling into depression. When his colleagues devise an unconventional plan to break him out of his depression, the plan somehow works, but not in a way that anyone imagined.

Excited. :=)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 pm

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Me-and-Earl-and-the-Dying-Girl-Blu-ray/138883/

I might blind buy it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:01 am

Mecha wrote:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Me-and-Earl-and-the-Dying-Girl-Blu-ray/138883/

I might blind buy it.

You should. I know I'm buying it. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:07 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I don't often do blind buys, because I don't really want to have a good chunk of movies in my collection that I don't care about afterwards. But this looks like my type of film. So even if the film doesn't turn out as good as I thought it would be, I wouldn't regret buying it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 pm

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/09/new-line-set-to-acquire-will-smith-drama-collateral-beauty.html

New Line Cinema to Pick-up Alfonso's Next Film for worldwide distribution!

Quote :
New Line Cinema is reportedly close to acquiring worldwide distribution rights to drama Collateral Beauty, which has Will Smith attached in the lead role.

Collateral Beauty will be directed by Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) and will follow Smith’s ad exec as a tragic personal event sends him into a downward spiral of depression.

:) 
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 2:05 pm

I like how Floyd Lawton chooses his roles now since After Earth flopped. Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Dude, dat conclusion. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:31 pm

No spoilin faget!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:39 pm

Mecha wrote:
No spoilin faget!

I won't. But trust me: It's an amazing film that you won't forget about.

My favorite homages were the ones to Harold and Maude and The Seventh Seal. They had some great homages in there that really landed well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm

I'll watch it next month when it comes to Blu-ray. Very much looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Y Rambo!? Y wood u giv mi da srs cas of feelz lik dis!? Sad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 5:10 am

Mecha wrote:
Y Rambo!? Y wood u giv mi da srs cas of feelz lik dis!? Sad

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" 50227684
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 5:57 am

Too bad it wasn't nominated for any Oscars.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:01 am

Mecha wrote:
Too bad it wasn't nominated for any Oscars.

I would've liked an adapted screenplay recognition, but I'll be fine with Ex Machina getting an original screenplay nom instead. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:04 am

No wonder Martin Scorsese has praised this film. Alfonso Gomez-Rejon use to be his assistant. Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:15 am

Mecha wrote:
No wonder Martin Scorsese has praised this film. Alfonso Gomez-Rejon use to be his assistant. Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" 725796345

He was also assistant for Ben Affleck and working alongside Robert DeNiro when he was younger. The dude's been doin' some cool stuff, brah.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:18 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

He was also assistant for Ben Affleck and working alongside Robert DeNiro when he was younger. The dude's been doin' some cool stuff, brah.

Don't forget Alejandro González Iñárritu.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 6:26 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Don't forget Alejandro González Iñárritu.

Yeah, and a couple of others, too.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 12:44 pm

Shame this movie didn't get nominated for any Oscar. The Oscars are so racist!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"   Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorsese: Me and Earl and the Dying girl is a "wonderful film"
Page 1 of 1