Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino

Go down 
+6
TheJubJub5721
Mecha
Hydell
NoelX2
BioDemon
RamboOnRedBull
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  Empty
PostSubject: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:43 pm

No Christopher Nolan......umad, Nolan fags?

Last edited by RamboOnRedBull on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Tarantino all day brah. Pulp fiction and Kill Bill all day.

He also has a fucking manly chin.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Good choice.

But you can't go wrong with Hitchcock :fuckyea:
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Tarantino

Pulp Fiction is my favorite film, I also love Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Uhhh....I can't decide between Hitchcock or Tarantino.

I'll pick Tarantino because of Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Am i the only person who thinks tarantino is highly overated?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:19 pm

No, no you're not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:25 pm

Reaper wrote:
Am i the only person who thinks tarantino is highly overated?

No. I use to find QT overrated too. I still kinda do, but his newer films are becoming a bit more diverse now.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:31 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

Fuck Kill Bill, Natural Born Killers was way better.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:36 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Fuck Natural Born Killers, Kill Bill was way better.
Sorry i just had to fix that typo.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:49 pm

Cos i watched Kill Bill and i think its just a rip off mash up of western/anime/japanese film...obviously this was intended but i dont see why this deserves so much praise.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:01 pm

I find Kill Bill overrated as well. None of the actresses convinced me as assassins. The mix of genres didn't blend well enough together. And it took many things from anime and Asian cinema.

EDIT: Damn, Reaper took the words right out of my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Hitchcock. He is the master of suspense after all.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Chobo wrote:
Hitchcock. He is the master of suspense after all.

THIS!

I'm still yet to see any kind of films that are in the same genre as psycho, but also having the same effect that the film had for its time.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Wasn't Psycho the first movie to show a girl getting stabbed in the shower?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Teckno wrote:
Wasn't Psycho the first movie to show a girl getting stabbed in the shower?
Yeah. I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Haven't seen enough of either director to decide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm

I'mma go with Scorsese (big surprise there). I love Tarantino and he's one of the best writers in Hollywood today, but nothing can top Scorsese. He's one of the most diverse directors of all time, doing biopics like Raging Bull, crime films like Goodfellas, period pieces like Gangs of New York, documentaries like Shine a Light, and, more recently, neo-noir like Shutter Island and family films like Hugo. The dude pumps out movies like Mexicans pump out babies and they're always dynamite. Plus, I really respect him for his encyclopedic knowledge of film as well as his humble nature. He's never afraid to give credit to his inspiration and he's never self-indulgent. Oh yeah, and he also directed Taxi Driver, my favorite film of all time. Tarantino is a genius but he comes off as an egotistical cockbag. I remember one interview where he was comparing himself to David Fincher and talking about how Fincher has a much easier job because he's not a writer. As for Hitchcock, I haven't seen enough of his films to make a good comparison, but I did like Rear Window.

Toxicmaniac wrote:

The Kill Bill films aren't as good as Inglourious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs. I agree about the chin though. Fucking legendary.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:56 am

TRF wrote:
I'mma go with Scorsese (big surprise there). I love Tarantino and he's one of the best writers in Hollywood today, but nothing can top Scorsese. He's one of the most diverse directors of all time, doing biopics like Raging Bull, crime films like Goodfellas, period pieces like Gangs of New York, documentaries like Shine a Light, and, more recently, neo-noir like Shutter Island and family films like Hugo. The dude pumps out movies like Mexicans pump out babies and they're always dynamite. Plus, I really respect him for his encyclopedic knowledge of film as well as his humble nature. He's never afraid to give credit to his inspiration and he's never self-indulgent. Oh yeah, and he also directed Taxi Driver, my favorite film of all time. Tarantino is a genius but he comes off as an egotistical cockbag. I remember one interview where he was comparing himself to David Fincher and talking about how Fincher has a much easier job because he's not a writer. As for Hitchcock, I haven't seen enough of his films to make a good comparison, but I did like Rear Window.

Toxicmaniac wrote:

The Kill Bill films aren't as good as Inglourious Basterds and Reservoir Dogs. I agree about the chin though. Fucking legendary.

I would actually argue that it's indeed true.

Also, I feel the same way about Tarantino as you feel about Hitchcock, only that I find his films to be really overrated. :lulzsec:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:00 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I would actually argue that it's indeed true.
Of course it's true, but you don't say shit like that in an interview. It's just not a classy thing to do.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:02 am

Honesty > Classy
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:48 am

BioDemon wrote:
Douchebag < Respectful

Sorry, had to fix that typo. :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:17 am

BioDemon wrote:
Honesty > Classy

He's so fucking full of himself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:27 am

Well QT may be a better writer. But Fincher is a better director.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
Well QT may be a better writer. But Fincher is a better director.
Regardless of who's better or not, you just don't say that shit. I don't care if you're talking about Michael Bay, you don't talk shit about a fellow director like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino    Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitchcock vs Scorsese vs Tarantino
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next