Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
Quote :
It all comes down to the actor's performance. All the director can do is guide them as well as possible. But okay, I guess you didn't know that...

Didn't I just say that it all comes down to the director as well? So how I didn't know that when I clearly already mentioned it before?

"As well"? You clearly said, and I quote:

Quote :
 It doesn't matter how good of an actor you are. It all comes down to the writer and director. 

How "It doesn't  matter how good of an actor you are", I do not know. But it's far from the dumbest thing you've tried to claim, anyway.

Quote :
I was clearly talking about topping Bale's performance. Not how true his character may or may not be. I seriously doubt you didn't already know that.

You mean like his throat cancer performance?

Great counter - as usual. K.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Quote :

Quote : It doesn't matter how good of an actor you are. It all comes down to the writer and director. 
How "It doesn't  matter how good of an actor you are", I do not know. But it's far from the dumbest thing you've tried to claim, anyway.

Yeah, thanks for proving my point about me saying it all comes down to the writer and director as well.

Also no, it's not the dumbest thing ever. No matter how good an actor is, that actor can be misdirected.

Quote :

Not my fault you think his voice sounds good.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 Z4pMElY

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
Quote :

Quote : It doesn't matter how good of an actor you are. It all comes down to the writer and director. 

Yeah, thanks for proving my point about me saying it all comes down to the writer and director as well.

You said it doesn't mattter how good an actor is, by claiming it all comes down to the director and writer. First and foremost, a writer has no input to an actor. In most cases, the writer never even meets the actor. Second and foremost, all a director does is guide the actors. If the actor is bad, then it doesn't matter whatever the directors does or says. How that is "proving your point" does not make sense, but keep fetching.

Also no, it's not the dumbest thing ever. No matter how good an actor is, that actor can be misdirected.

The actor can be misdirected. But a bad actor can never do a good performance. A great actor will only do what makes sense. A talented actor will only accept the part if they believe in the director's vision for the character.

You do realize directors and actors talk about the character and the their performances even before they accept the part, right? A director can't do shit without a good actor, to begin with.

Quote :

Not my fault you think his voice sounds good.

Not my fault I never said that I did or didn't. 
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
"It doesn't matter how good of an actor you are".
UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 457301478

Literally the dumbest thing, maybe except for the "how do they film a whole film inside?", you've said. As for the voice. It's....... meh. It sounds robotic as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:35 am

Quote :
You said it doesn't mattter how good an actor is, by claiming it all comes down to the director and writer. First and foremost, a writer has no input to an actor. In most cases, the writer never even meets the actor. Second and foremost, all a director does is guide the actors. If the actor is bad, then it doesn't matter whatever the directors does or says. How that is "proving your point" does not make sense, but keep fetching.

That's funny because the writer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actually met Jesse Eisenberg for the role, and most likely the some of the other cast members as well. Either way, weak writing and weak direction can lead to a weak performance.

Quote :
The actor can be misdirected. But a bad actor can never do a good performance. A great actor will only do what makes sense. A talented actor will only accept the part if they believe in the director's vision for the character.

You do realize directors and actors talk about the character and the their performances even before they accept the part, right? A director can't do shit without a good actor, to begin with.

You mean how Christian Bale believed in McG's vision for Terminator Salvation?

Quote :

You said he gave a good performance though.

@yonny616 Still sounds better than throat cancer Batman.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Earth

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:56 am

Quote :
Not really.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:03 am

Mecha wrote:
Quote :

That's funny because the writer for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice actually met Jesse Eisenberg for the role, and most likely the some of the other cast members as well.

I clearly said: "In MOST cases the writer never meets..."

Also, the writers for Batman V Superman did not give input to Jesse's performance.

Either way, weak writing and weak direction can lead to a weak performance.

There's a big difference between "Can lead to a weak(er) performance" and "Doesn't matter how good of an actor you are". I guess you like to fetch for something to hide your ignorance of filmmaking. Oh , well.

Quote :

You mean how Christian Bale believed in McG's vision for Terminator Salvation?

Bale did meet with McG for the part. They had discussions about the character. The director didn't pull-off what he intended to. Bale's performance is still one of the only decent things about the movie.

Quote :

You said he gave a good performance though.

Which has nothing to do with my opinion on the voice he used.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 am

yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Not really.

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 The-de10

Quote :
I clearly said: "In MOST cases the writer never meets..."

Also, the writers for Batman V Superman did not give input to Jesse's performance.

I never said they did.

Quote :
There's a big difference between "Can lead to a weak(er) performance" and "Doesn't matter how good of an actor you are".

Not really.

Quote :
Bale did meet with McG for the part. They had discussions about the character. The director didn't pull-off what he intended to. Bale's performance is still one of the only decent things about the movie.

Bale's performance was very disappointing though.

Quote :
Which has nothing to do with my opinion on the voice he used.

So what are you basing his performance on? Okay, maybe Christian Bale played a good Bruce Wayne. But as Batman... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:29 am

yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Not really.

1. His voice doesn't sound like a chronic smoker on his deathbed.
2. His head doesn't look like a fucking melon.

To (what should be no one's surprise) Ben Affleck will make a much better Batman. And you can't deny the director and writer's importance to acting. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale are pretty talented actors, but the Joker's Nixon voice, and Batman's hilarious attempt at speaking were pretty awful. Nolan's lack of ability is what made the entire Dark Knight Trilogy lack any merit outside comedic value.

As much as Mecha needs to learn to actually read before he argues with something, not all actor's can shine under bad direction and writing. Nicolas Cage seems to be the biggest exception, as the more awful the director, the better he is.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:37 am

Angelus wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Not really.

As much as Mecha needs to learn to actually read before he argues with something, not all actor's can shine under bad direction and writing.  Nicolas Cage seems to be the biggest exception, as the more awful the director, the better he is.

It's not about "shining under bad direction and writing." It's about Mecha' stupidity in trying to argue how it doesn't matter how good of an actor you are, because it's all down to the director and writer (The writers being the ones Mecha even admitted give no input to the actors).

All a director does is guide the actors in whatever support they may need. How Mecha gets this to mean that it doesn't matter about the actor's capabilities is beyond anyone who isn't completely stupid.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 11:46 am

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Quote :
Not really.

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 The-de10

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 725796345  That's like your go to picture for when anyone disagrees. "Denial". eye roll

Angelus wrote:
1. His voice doesn't sound like a chronic smoker on his deathbed.
2. His head doesn't look like a fucking melon.

To (what should be no one's surprise) Ben Affleck will make a much better Batman. And you can't deny the director and writer's importance to acting. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale are pretty talented actors, but the Joker's Nixon voice, and Batman's hilarious attempt at speaking were pretty awful. Nolan's lack of ability is what made the entire Dark Knight Trilogy lack any merit outside comedic value.

As much as Mecha needs to learn to actually read before he argues with something, not all actor's can shine under bad direction and writing. Nicolas Cage seems to be the biggest exception, as the more awful the director, the better he is.

I can't take anything you say about these films serious. You literally have a stick up your ass about them all.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Bale was great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!   UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATED: BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE 20 Second Teaser!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2