Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years Empty
PostSubject: Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years   Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:24 pm

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years 118630

Quote :
As great as it is that Spider-Man is going to become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's hard not to worry about Sony potentially changing their mind at any second, and f***ing everything up by ending their deal with Marvel. Thankfully, the two studios have more than just a handshake agreement, as Kevin Feige has now revealed that things are set in stone until at least 2019. What happens after that is unclear as we have no idea about "Phase 4" right now, but at least we're going to get a good four years of Spider-Man in The Avengers! Here's what Feige told Badass Digest in a recent interview when asked just how rock solid Marvel's Spidey plans are moving forwards:

Quote :
For as forward thinking as we always try to be, there’s only so far you can tend to think, and our plan is fairly solid for those four or five years. I’ve never considered it in the Rom Spaceknight vernacular, necessarily. So much of the anxiety at Marvel has been ‘Who do we have contracts with, who is still involved’? You want to plot out all these years of imagination based on amazing comics, but you need real people to make time in their lives to do, and to make career decisions to do it. That has been the hardest thing to manage… but for the first time, that’s all settled. It’s all settled through [2019]. It’s all set. And we’re able to focus now just on [telling stories]. It’s everything we announced last October, and we’ve added your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to the mix… and it’s all set.

Also below is a new interview (via IGN) with Feige in which he talks more about Marvel's take on Spider-Man and compares the reboot to Batman Begins. What do you think of these comments?

Source: Comic Book Movie

-____-
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years   Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew it. Sony won't give up shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years   Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:26 am

This may have been misquoted actually. I think he meant that Spider-Man has been planned out for the next four or five years in the MCU. That doesn't necessarily mean Marvel will lose the rights in four or five years. Which would make sense, since why would you try to get Spider-Man back and just make one solo movie out of him? It still worries me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years   Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel only has the rights to Spider-Man for 4 years
Page 1 of 1