Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! Empty
PostSubject: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! Infinity-war

Quote :
Badass Digest first reported that Joe and Anthony Russo were in the frame to direct Marvel's third and fourth Avengers movies, and now they reckon the deal has been finalized and they will shoot both films back-to-back over the next couple of years. Plus, it sounds as if they might have the writing team of Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World) back on board too. Apparently Civil War will be "instrumental in setting up infinity War", so if all of this pans out it's great that we'll have the same team calling the shots.

Obviously none of this is official until Marvel makes it so, but the site seems to feel an announcement is imminent so keep an eye on CBM for updates. Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 will hit theaters May 4th 2018, followed by Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 on May 3rd 2019.

UPDATE: Still nothing from Marvel, but THR has confirmed the news.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 5:43 pm

I expected it to be James Gunn.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:12 pm

@yonny616 Why? The Russo Brothers are a far better fit. They'll be the ones directing Captain America: Civil War. which is basically Avengers 2.5. So they'll have experience of handling multiple characters by the time they get into Avengers: Infinity War. Besides, Avengers: Infinity War needs to be a more serious tone, and not that comedic shit that James Gunn brings.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Why? The Russo Brothers are a far better fit. They'll be the ones directing Captain America: Civil War. which is basically Avengers 2.5. So they'll have experience of handling multiple characters by the time they get into Avengers: Infinity War. Besides, Avengers: Infinity War needs to be a more serious tone, and not that comedic shit that James Gunn brings.
James Gunn has handled multiple characters with GoTG and will handle more with GOTG2 so that point is, well, pointless. Also I expected it to be James Gunn since I'm expecting the Guardians to be in one of the two parts, if not both.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:37 pm

@yonny616 Doesn't matter. The Russo Brothers will handle actual AVENGERS in Captain America: Civil War. Plus we'll probably see more Avengers than than we will with Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War parts 1 and 2. So what makes more sense, getting the directors of Avengers 2.5: Civil War or Guardians of the Galaxy?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Doesn't matter. The Russo Brothers will handle actual AVENGERS in Captain America: Civil War. Plus we'll probably see more Avengers than than we will with Guardians of the Galaxy in Infinity War parts 1 and 2. So what makes more sense, getting the directors of Avengers 2.5: Civil War or Guardians of the Galaxy?
I just expected James Gunn. I don't care who the fuck gets the job as long as its good.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!   The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Russo Brothers will direct Avengers: Infinity War!
Page 1 of 1