Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Empty
PostSubject: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Lars_von_trier

Quote :
“It takes place in Detroit, and then there is the wordplay between Detroit and ‘destroyed.’ It’s about a man fighting his inner demons. That doesn’t tell that much, but that’s because we haven’t gotten any further so far.” He went on to affirm the film’s main proponent, just in case it was unclear, “…it’s real horror. Of course, there is a psychological aspect, but it’s a real horror movie. That’s what we’re aiming for, at least.[Kristian Levring]”

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/lars-von-triers-project-horror-movie-set-detroit/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:29 pm

I thought Von hating flying?

Also all of these Dans are getting into horror and shit.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
I thought Von hating flying?

Also all of these Dans are getting into horror and shit.

His films have taken place in the US before, despite him never having been there.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:36 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I know, I'm just having trouble imagining a city like Detroit in Europe.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I know, I'm just having trouble imagining a city like Detroit in Europe.

You don't need a city that looks exactly like it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 6:57 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Not just the look, but the cultural differences as well.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Not just the look, but the cultural differences as well.

Like which?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:20 pm

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Welcom10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Welcom10

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? 10cb130f7b7c3d13079c6699b34cd43d654ef7e3fb9b1fe8246cdbbde409bc21
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Welcom11
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I agree with Mecha. You can't just replicate Detroit. That wasteland is unique. Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:41 am

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? Demoti10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 5:36 pm

http://www.screendaily.com/news/von-trier-welcome-back-at-cannes/5054055.article

Quote :

“Lars von Trier was declared ‘persona non grata’ for the festival of 2011… That means that he was declared ‘persona non grata’ for 2011 and was never declared ‘persona non grata’ forever.

“We didn’t see his film because it wasn’t ready. The day he has a film ready in time for Cannes we will talk about him again.”
Those close to von Trier certainly seem to think the director, who has had nine films in Competition in Cannes since 1984, will be back at the Palais in the not distant future.

One industry source close to the filmmaker told ScreenDaily:  “I am absolutely certain they would take him. I don’t think that’s the problem. The signals that we get from Cannes are that they absolutely adore Lars. Lars is Cannes and Cannes is Lars. They were made for each other. It’d take more than what he did to be excluded forever. They are searching for good and ground-breaking films.”
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 10:13 am

Well if they can make the Toy Story movies set in Detroit, then I'm sure the can do the same with this film as well. Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?   Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Von Trier's Next Film a "Horror Movie" set in Detroit?
Page 1 of 1