Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie Empty
PostSubject: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:39 am

Another Tarantino gangster film? Bring it on! Not sure how I feel about a film set in Hollywood though?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 am

I'm kind of on the worry side of Tarantino doing a Hollywood-based film. They can be great, but I highly doubt Tarantino would do it justice.

A Tarantino gangster film could be pretty good, but after Hateful Eight, I'm kind of curious to see whether he'll do anything different than the last time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:50 am

I think the last good Hollywood setting film I saw was Hollywoodland. But I'm not really a huge fan of films set in Hollywood though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am

Mecha wrote:
I think the last good Hollywood setting film I saw was Hollywoodland. But I'm not really a huge fan of films set in Hollywood though.

I am a BIG fan of those kind of films, but I doubt Tarantino would do it well when all his films are "Despicable character does X, which leads to character B getting shot in the head, due to character X wanting revenge."

Even in a film like Hateful Eight where the first hour and a half is supposed to be a tension-filled mystery, I found myself extremely dulled out over it. I even noticed multiple people complaining about the first half, as soon as the intermission began. I can't really blame them.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 11:04 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I am a BIG fan of those kind of films, but I doubt Tarantino would do it well when all his films are "Despicable character does X, which leads to character B getting shot in the head, due to character X wanting revenge."

Even in a film like Hateful Eight where the first hour and a half is supposed to be a tension-filled mystery, I found myself extremely dulled out over it. I even noticed multiple people complaining about the first half, as soon as the intermission began. I can't really blame them.

I was going to go see The Hateful Eight in theaters. But for some reason, they just decided to release the film earlier than what they have planned, and I'm not even sure if my theater is even playing it in 70mm? Not to mention, the reviews are not all that great. At least compared to Tarantino's other films anyway. I really hope Tarantino does something different with his next film. Because something about The Hateful Eight turned me off from watching it at the theater.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 11:27 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I was going to go see The Hateful Eight in theaters. But for some reason, they just decided to release the film earlier than what they have planned, and I'm not even sure if my theater is even playing it in 70mm? Not to mention, the reviews are not all that great. At least compared to Tarantino's other films anyway. I really hope Tarantino does something different with his next film. Because something about The Hateful Eight turned me off from watching it at the theater.

If you can catch it in 70mm, then see it in theaters.

If all you have is the digital release, well, there's no real reason to see it, since the film is rather a big letdown, in my opinion. It isn't bad, it just isn't anything memorable, either.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 9:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie   Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quentin Tarantino wants to make a gangster film and a Hollywood movie
Page 1 of 1