Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them Empty
PostSubject: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 am

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them YCIOGGb

Quote :
Nepro Japan announced today that it will be acquiring all of Tri-Ace, the video game developer responsible for such titles as Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy XIII-2, and Phantasy Star Nova.

Tri-Ace is privately owned. According to Kabutan, the acquisition will cost 413 million yen (about $3.5 million), which cost will be composed of 333 million yen in cash payments and 80 million yen in Nepro shares. This cost does not include advisory fees and the like.

Bloomberg describes Nepro Japan as a company that focuses on mobile communications. However, Nepro Japan’s subsidiaries also develop video games for mobile devices, and the company is looking to further bolster its presence in the mobile games market with acquisitions such as this.
http://nichegamer.net/2015/02/tri-ace-to-be-acquired-by-nepro-japan-refocused-on-the-mobile-games-market/

Hopefully all the employees will just quit and keep working on real games instead.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:58 am

I thought Valkyrie was already dead?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Saw this earlier, i only played FFXIII-2 but i was always interested in Star Ocean, especially after seeing this trailer 

Really fucking bummed out hearing this news, wish Nintendo or Square(yes even they'd be better) would've bought them instead.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Nuu!

Hopefully most of them will leave and form a new studio like what happen with most of Capcom's former talents.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:33 am

Fuck mobile games. Fucking cancer on the industry.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Stigma wrote:
Fuck mobile games. Fucking cancer on the industry.
u wot m8 clash of clans is fucking sick!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 pm

http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/tri-ace-is-going-to-continue-making-traditional-console-games/

It seems that Zepro acquired Tri-Ace as a means to deliver satisfying content into a larger market, rather than just mobile. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them   Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, and Phantasy Star Nova are Dead... Mobile Games to Replace Them
Page 1 of 1