Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! Empty
PostSubject: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 pm

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! Dc-comics-logo
Quote :
In June, once Convergence has wrapped, DC Entertainment has revealed that the NEW 52 will officially be over. However, what this means for DC Comics moving forward is not a return to Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Said DC co-Publisher Dan DiDio, "In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry. We're seeing more diversity in our audience. We're seeing a younger crowd. We're seeing people really enthusiastic about comics. So what we're trying to do is embrace all our audiences, and to create product that I feel talks to everybody." Check out the full press release below-

DC ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES

NEW BOOKS, NEW CREATORS, BROADER FOCUS

FOR THE DC UNIVERSE

Iconic Super Heroes & Super-Villains Universe is Diversifying

To Make Room for More Types of Storytelling, More Fans.

June Slate of Titles Includes Long-Awaited Return to DCU of Bryan Hitch, Garth Ennis; Gene Luen Yang & Ming Doyle Join Team of Top Talent.

BURBANK, Calif. (February 6, 2015) – This summer, DC Entertainment launches a bold new direction for the DC Universe (DCU) that is even more inclusive and accessible to a wider group of readers as the publisher continues to evolve comic storytelling for its next generation of fans. Award-winning, critically acclaimed writers are headlining the June 2015 slate of DC Comics’ new periodicals and graphic novels, including Gene Luen Yang, Bryan Hitch, Garth Ennis and Ming Doyle.

Beginning June 3, the DC Comics line of comic books will consist of 24 brand-new series that will begin at issue number one, as well as 25 on-going, bestselling fan favorite series that will continue without a break in the issue numbering. The total number of periodicals in the DCU will be 49, with additional new titles debuting throughout the year.

“This heralds in a new era for the DC Universe which will allow us to publish something for everyone, be more expansive and modern in our approach and tell stories that better reflect the society around us,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Dan DiDio. “Whether you’ve been a DC fan your whole life, or whether you are new to comics – there will be a book for you beginning in June.”

DC Comics will be keenly focused on going back-to-basics with its legendary characters, like BATMAN, SUPERMAN and WONDER WOMAN, while also reinventing key characters, such as BLACK CANARY, BIZARRO, CYBORG and STARFIRE, with a new contemporary tonality to ensure a diverse offering of titles. Top writers and artists, as well as emerging fresh voices, are on board to help create an expansive lineup of comics that appeals to a broad audience of fans.

Depicting some of these iconic characters in a more contemporary light include National Book Award finalist Gene Luen Yang who will join artist John Romita Jr. in the ongoing adventures of SUPERMAN. Comic superstar artist Bryan Hitch will write and draw new tales of the world’s greatest heroes in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. The pitch perfect team of Garth Ennis and John McCrea returns to DC Comics for a limited series called SECTION EIGHT featuring characters from their popular Hitman comic. VERTIGO creator Ming Doyle will be lending her talents to DC Comics, penning CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER along with newcomer artist Riley Rossmo.

“More than ever before, DC Comics fans are being exposed to our rich portfolio of characters through multiple sources, including an unprecedented number of highly successful TV shows, video games and upcoming major motion pictures,” said Co-Publisher Jim Lee. “We are looking to extend that experience within publishing to ensure there is a comic book for everyone. For example, fans of the ARROW television show may want more stories about BLACK CANARY. Now they can find modern, fresh takes on the character in the pages of her standalone series both in stores and digitally.”

Breakout star, Brenden Fletcher, co-writer behind the all new, highly successful BATGIRL book will also be writing the new BLACK CANARY series launching in June. Fan favorites Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti will be the creative team on new titles STARFIRE and HARLEY QUINN/POWER GIRL and will continue to helm the perennially bestselling HARLEY QUINN.

“Beyond character and creators, the June slate will showcase different styles and approaches to storytelling as we add offbeat, irreverently funny titles such as BIZARRO, BAT-MITE and PREZ,” said Lee. “Truly there will be something for everybody as we simultaneously celebrate our rich legacy while embracing new voices and concepts.”

A first look at upcoming storylines will be the focus of DC Entertainment’s Free Comic Book Day issue – DC COMICS: DIVERGENCE – available Saturday, May 2, featuring three 8-page previews for the June releases of Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s BATMAN, as well as Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok’s launch of the Darkseid War within JUSTICE LEAGUE featuring the biggest villains in the DCU – Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor, andGene Luen Yang's DC Comics debut with celebrated artist John Romita, Jr on SUPERMAN. More than half-a million free issues of the DC Entertainment sampler will be given away at comic book retailers globally.

“In this new era of storytelling, story will trump continuity as we continue to empower creators to tell the best stories in the industry,” said DiDio.

The 25 DC Comics Titles that will continue on with the same numbering:
Action Comics by Greg Pak/Aaron Kuder
Aquaman by Cullen Bunn/Trevor McCarthy
Batgirl by Cameron Stewart/Brenden Fletcher/Babs Tarr
Batman by Scott Snyder/Greg Capullo
Detective Comics by Brian Buccelato/Francis Manapul
Batman/Superman by Greg Pak/Ardian Syaf
Catwoman by Genevieve Valentine/David Messina
Deathstroke by Tony Daniel/Tony Daniel
Flash by Rob Venditti/Van Jensen/Brett Booth
Gotham Academy by Becky Cloonan/Brenden Fletcher/Karl Kerschl
Gotham By Midnight by Ray Fawkes/Juan Ferreyra
Grayson by Tim King/Tim Seeley/Mikel Janin
Green Arrow by Ben Percy/Richard Zircher
Green Lantern by Robert Venditti/Billy Tan
Harley Quinn by Amanda Conner/Jimmy Palmiotti/Chad Hardin
Justice League by Geoff Johns/Jason Fabok
Justice League United, writer TBD/Travel Foreman & Paul Pelletier.
Lobo by Cullen Bunn/Cliff Richards
Secret Six by Gail Simone/Dale Eaglesham
Sinestro by Cullen Bunn/Brad Walker
New Suicide Squad by Sean Ryan/Carlos D’Anda
Superman by Gene Luen Yang/John Romita Jr.
Superman/Wonder Woman by Peter Tomasi/Doug Mahnke
Teen Titans by Will Pfeifer/Kenneth Rocafort
Wonder Woman by Meredith Finch/David Finch

The 24 DC Comics Titles that will start (or re-start) at #1:
Bat-Mite by writer Dan Jurgens and artist Corin Howell
Batman Beyond by writer Dan Jurgens and artist Bernard Chang
Bizzaro by writer Heath Corson and artist Gustavo Duarte (six issue mini-series)
Black Canary by writer Brenden Fletcher and artist Annie Wu
Constantine: The Hellblazer by Ming Doyle and Riley Rossmo
Cyborg by writer David L. Walker and artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado
Dark Universe by writer James Tynion IV and artist Ming Doyle
Doomed by writer Scott Lobdell and artist Javier Fernandez
Dr. Fate by writer Paul Levitz and artist Sonny Liew
Earth 2: Society by writer Daniel H. Wilson and artist Jorge Jimenez
Green Lantern: Lost Army by Cullen Bunn, art by Jesus Saiz and Javi Pina.
Harley Quinn/Power Girl by writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, with artist Stephane Roux (four issue mini-series)
Justice League 3001 by Keith Giffen, J.M. DeMatteis and Howard Porter
Justice League of America by writer/artist Brian Hitch
Martian Manhunter by writer Rob Williams and artists Ben Oliver and Paulo Siqueira
Midnighter by writer Steve Orlando and artist ACO
Mystic U (tentative title) by writer Alisa Kwitney and artist Mauricet
Omega Men by writer Tom King and artist Barnaby Bagenda
Prez by writer Mark Russell and artist Ben Caldwell (six issue mini-series)
Red Hood/Arsenal by writer Scott Lobdell and artist Denis Medri
Robin, Son of Batman by writer/artist Pat Gleason
Section Eight by writer Garth Ennis and artist John McCrea (mini-series)
Starfire by writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner, with artist Emanuela Lupacchino
We Are Robin by writer Lee Bermejo and artists Rob Haynes and Khary Randolph
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=114895
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Pretty poor lineup apart from Section Eight, JL 3001 and Yung on Superman, heck at least Paktion Comics is still going.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:45 pm

lol, not even DC takes Bizarro seriously. 1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:10 pm

It's pretty much a soft reboot. 1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Uh no, it's not a reboot at all, what the fuck are on about? Have you even been reading Multiversity and Future's End and all that other shit? It makes it pretty clear it's just Brainiac and not a reboot of any kind.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Orion wrote:
Uh no, it's not a reboot at all, what the fuck are on about? Have you even been reading Multiversity and Future's End and all that other shit? It makes it pretty clear it's just Brainiac and not a reboot of any kind.
Seemed like a soft reboot, but I guess. The only comics I've been reading are the Justice League, finally caught up to amazo virus arc, and Injusitce comics but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 pm

You haven't read Animal Man or Wonder Woman yet? Come on man, those are by far the best.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:20 pm

@Orion Nope. I have no interest in Animal Man. Wonder Woman? I thought the best was Batman (Snyder and Cappulo)?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:20 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Orion Nope. I have no interest in Animal Man. Wonder Woman? I thought the best was Batman (Snyder and Cappulo)?
Do you even know anything about Animal Man? Well here's what you need to know, the writing and art are better than Batman. Batman is a good book when it comes to marvel and DC standards, but it's not Eisner material like Wonder Woman, Animal Man or Swamp Thing.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 1:38 am

@Orion No I really don't have much idea on what the character is about. So fill my head with knowledge comic book sensei!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 6:11 am

Don't read comics for the characters man, read it for the quality of story. In Animal Man Buddy is a superhero with a family and it plays like a horror story with both the art and what he fights. He realises his daughter gets powers as well and there are these shit man my terrible wording can't do it justice, it's always one of the highest reviewed and rated comics from New 52 though.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 10:36 am

Good riddance.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Angelus wrote:
Good riddance.
DC was way worse 2005-2011 than currently
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 6:41 am

1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! Tumblr_mmyjzlzqfz1rk5iloo1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!   1 - DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC COMICS: NEW 52 is NO MORE!
Page 1 of 1