Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! Empty
PostSubject: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! Hardy.as_.rick_.flagg_
Quote :
Tom Hardy has dropped out of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros.’s all-star comic book movie being directed by David Ayer.

Based on DC Entertainment’s villains-forced-to-be-heroes characters, the cast boasts a nefarious line-up that includes Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto, along with Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne.

Hardy was to have played Rick Flagg, the leader of the group that consisted of Batman villains Deadshot (Smith), Joker (Leto), and Harley Quinn (Harley Quinn), plus Boomerang (Courtney) and Enchantress (Delevigne).

Reasons for Hardy’s exit weren’t immediately known although scheduling could be a factor, according to sources. The actor is currently shooting The Revenant, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu’s frontier drama that also stars Leonardo DiCaprio, and that shoot is now looking to go longer than initially planned.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tom-hardy-drops-suicide-squad-764095

Fucking scheduling! Always fucking up movies. I wonder who they will cast as Rick Flagg now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 2:50 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal Eyed As Tom Hardy's Replacement As Rick Flagg
Quote :
Jake Gyllenhaal may not have received an Oscar nomination for “Nightcrawler” on Thursday but he could still end the day with a win, as David Ayer is courting his “End of Watch” star to replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flag in “Suicide Squad,” an individual familiar with the comic book project has told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while a representative for Gyllenhaal didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
http://www.thewrap.com/jake-gyllenhaal-eyed-to-replace-tom-hardy-in-david-ayers-suicide-squad-exclusive/

Sad seeing Hardy go, but Jake would be a great replacement.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! 332axro

Okay, I'm hyped again. Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:15 pm

@Mecha They must've known for some time since they seem to already have a possible replacement for Hardy.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:22 pm

@yonny616 Well of course. This happens all the time in Hollywood. Whatever happens during production, it doesn't get reported until way later.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:30 pm

@Mecha Well at least Hardy can probably come back as Deathstroke. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

@yonny616 Isn't Deathstroke suppose to be older though?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:37 pm

@Mecha Tom Hardy is 37. How much older do you want him? Unless you think Ron Perlman should be Deathstroke.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm

@yonny616 Slade Wilson looks way older than 37... :/
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:52 pm

@Mecha Are you talking about the white hair? Because I think that was a side effect of the super soldier serum.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm

@yonny616 I guess?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:46 pm

@Mecha So yea. Make Hardy Deathstroke.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:54 pm

@yonny616 Nope. Too young.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:07 pm

@Mecha Nope. Just right.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:12 pm

@yonny616 Just like how you thought he was right for Bane, even though Bane is Latino. Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:19 pm

@Mecha But he was terrific as Bane. So yea. He was right for Bane.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha But he was terrific as Bane. So yea. He was right for Bane.

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:28 am

Tom was fine as Bane, but Nolan's writing brought it down.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:01 am

I think writers try too hard to top The Joker. Because Bane was never really all that evil in the comic books, yet they decided to crank up the chaos a bit. Giving us an unbalanced mixture of evil and sympathy. Where as The Joker is 100% pure psychopath with an unknown past. They did the same with The Penguin as well. Again, not all that evil in the comic books, yet he was a nightmare in Batman Returns.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:13 am

@RamboOnRedBull Nolan's writing brought it down? Pfft. Nolan's writing is what gave this character the awesomeness he has today after the shitty Shumacher Bane and the Arkham Hulk Bane.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:17 am

Cartoon Bane > All

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:19 am

@Mecha Cartoon Banes original design was much, much better than the dominatrix design they gave him later in the series.

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! BaneTNBA
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:20 am

yonny616 wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Nolan's writing brought it down? Pfft. Nolan's writing is what gave this character the awesomeness he has today after the shitty Shumacher Bane and the Arkham Hulk Bane.

Nolan's writing of some of his dialogue was just cringe-worthy. And some of the actions he took were just made to make him look up-to-par with Ledger's Joker. He worked because Hardy did well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:22 am

@yonny616 For some odd reason, they gave him an American accent instead of the Cuban accent that he originally had. Yet, they still got a Latino to voice Bane.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!   Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy Drops Out of SUICIDE SQUAD!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next