Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV

Go down 
+2
Angelus
Archduke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV Empty
PostSubject: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:36 pm

English VA's sound decent, I guess. Gameplay looks cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Gameplay still looks shit. Voice Acting itself is solid and believable, but the choice of character voices just sounds douchy.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Angelus wrote:
Gameplay still looks shit.  Voice Acting itself is solid and believable, but the choice of character voices just sounds douchy.

I knew you would bash the gameplay, ya bum. xD Yeah, some of the accents do sound kinda weird. Ignis VA sounds just odd.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

1:41 unleashed a three inch demon
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Orion wrote:
1:41 unleashed a three inch demon

I hope you muted it. So far that's the only appealing thing we've seen of this game. 2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Angelus wrote:
Gameplay still looks shit.  Voice Acting itself is solid and believable, but the choice of character voices just sounds douchy.

Gameplay is based around the KH system... Which was actually praised... You might be one of the few to not like it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Gameplay is based around the KH system... Which was actually praised... You might be one of the few to not like it.

I don't think Angelus even likes the KH games, tbh. Which could be a reason why he won't like the gameplay of this game.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Yes, I exactly want a shitty KH spinoff, where 90% of the cast is just gay-looking douches.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Apart from character design of the lead car faggots I think it looks simply epic like one of my dank memes
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Orion wrote:
Apart from character design of the lead car faggots I think it looks simply epic like one of my dank memes

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV Flat,550x550,075,f.u1
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Call me the Enkindler.

What in Oblivion do you think you slime are doing? I don't believe that post is on topic, as such this thread is now locked and deleted. Archduke, you are now banne for the week, for derailing a thread and not providing a credible source for that dank meme.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:38 pm

Angelus wrote:
Call me the Enkindler.  

What in Oblivion do you think you slime are doing?  I don't believe that post is on topic, as such this thread is now locked and deleted.  Archduke, you are now banne for the week, for derailing a thread and not providing a credible source for that dank meme.

"The Enkindler" Like the weapon from Final Fantasy XIII? 2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV 3202469658

I'm so sorry m8y. I couldn't resist the goodness that is dank memes. They're Orion's dank memes. Not ours, only Orion's. He's got truckloads of them. Nothing beats Dank Memes. Very Happy

Nice impression of the former G7 mod who shall-not-be-named, btw. He would get mad pretty easily, and make posts like these very frequently. (Mostly to mecha's idiotic shitpostings 2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV 725796345)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:44 pm

My Take:

Faggy ass voice acting (and I didn't expect any less from a Final Fantasy game), but yeah it's at least convincing

Faggy ass looking characters, aside from the long-haired one that reminds me of Angeal.

Graphics are stunning, the environments looks phenomenal, the beasts themselves look...beastly, just need to keep our fingers crossed that the world doesn't all look randomized but actually has some good landmarks and easter eggs.

Animation looks like some of the best of all time, genuinely, there's wonderful solidity and weight yet a nice flow to the movement.

Combat looks pretty good, I'm just relieved it's real-time again. I'm just worried there'll be too many forced encounters

I just hope there's more interaction in the environment really, and an emotional story-line and generally more memorable locations. Also want to be able to drive that car in-game.

Overall this game is currently #3 on my MOST HYPED GAMES OF 2015 list, above #4: Quantum Break, beneath #2: Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain and #1: The Witcher 3
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 7:47 pm

You guys set your expectations way too high... I give a 90% chance that this is going to be shit. Nomura's yaoi boyband fantasy, in a watered down KH-battle system and absurdly convoluted story.

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV Tetsuya-nomura
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:41 am

I'm honestly hyped
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:49 am

And people wonder why I have low expectations... heh 2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV 4696864
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 6:04 am

Angelus wrote:
You guys set your expectations way too high...  I give a 90% chance that this is going to be shit. Nomura's yaoi boyband fantasy, in a watered down KH-battle system and absurdly convoluted story.

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV Tetsuya-nomura

If Nomura had his way, XV would have been a musical. Music and fashion is the only thing he cares about these days.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:31 am

I will continue to think this looks awful, as people who never enjoyed Final Fantasy continue to think it looks great, despite the unbearable cast, and bulky, watered down KH gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 pm

I think the cast is shit but the gameplay looks sick, also I've played FF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 13. Granted I only finished 1,4,6,7 and 9 as the rest were shit.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 pm

Orion wrote:
I think the cast is shit but the gameplay looks sick, also I've played FF 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and 13. Granted I only finished 1,4,6,7 and 9 as the rest were shit.

VIII is actually very good once you give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 pm

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/final-fantasy-xv-detailed-famitsu

Luminous Studio

>The current version of the engine is version 1.40. When the Episode Duscae demo launches, it will be at 1.50. The final version of the game is planned to be 2.00.

>There are about five million polygons per frame, witch each character made up of at max 100,000 polygons. The inner hair alone has about 20,000 polygons, which is five times the previous generation.

>Character models have around 600 bones, which is roughly 10-12 times greater than what was seen last generation.

>Data capacity for textures is also much greater than before.

Final Fantasy XV

>Battles against huge enemies are carried out in the same fashion as standard battles, but there will be some exclusive party co-op ctions for the bigger fights.

>There will be several mini-games, including fishing.

>Restalm (we called it Restaru, then Restarg, we were wrong twice – it’s hard to play by ear sometimes) is being made in the image of the Bahamas.

>Right now, the ropeway in Restalm cannot be rode. We might add the ability to ride it if there is time to do so.

>The development team wants players to get a feel for the world and find it relatable not just through sheer visuals, but also through the characters.

>In town, you can stay in hotels or go shopping.

>NPCs in town are controlled by AI, and you can talk to them.

>Retalm is the main town in the first half of the game.

>Cindy shows up in different places throughout the game. Something happens with her at the start that shakes her up and gets her moving around.

>While she’s not deeply involved in the story, she’s relevant because of her profession as a mechanic.

>Players will have to fight Summon Beasts in order to be able to use them.

>Summon Beasts in the game are a symbol of the power of stars. Only Noctis can actually summon them.

>Combat-wise, the plan is holding down a button will start a set combo, but timed button presses are what will enable coordinated moves with other party members.

>To parry enemy attacks, you have to match the timing of their strike. This is intended for expert players.

>Magic isn’t what consumes MP, nor is the system akin to the Draw system Final Fantasy VIII had.

>MP is consumed by using special actions, such as dodging and warping.

>Weapons are equipped several at a time, with one main weapon. The main weapon has a corresponding ability, and it’s also possible to switch the main weapon during combat.
   Combos are automatically formulated based on which weapon is currently being utilized out of the ones being equipped.

>Abilities aren’t separate from a weapon’s given category and there are also weapons that have no abilities at all. Apparently not unlike what was seen in Captain Tsubasa 5, a game that Tabata apparently worked on back in the day.

>Rare weapons that can be acquired from dungeons and other sketchy areas could potentially have some hack-and-slash aspects to how they’re used. The Phantom Sword, which floats in midair, will also be acquirable as a special weapon.

>The battle system from the demo is planned to be fully featured.

>After the Tokyo Game Show this year, the systems going into the demo were slightly changed as a result of fan feedback.

>Players will also be able to run around in areas such as the mountainous areas where the Behemoths roam.

>In the full version, you’ll be able to rent Chocobos.

>Camps are inherently designed to be a safe haven, making them ideal headquarters when setting out to explore new areas.

>There are bonuses that come with cooking ingredients purchased in towns and cities. You can also get ingredients off monsters in the wild.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 5:57 pm

I just hope the English voices are correctly lip-synced by the time this releases. It looks really sloppy right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV   2 - TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TGS 2014 English Voiceover Trailer - Final Fantasy XV
Page 1 of 1