Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin Empty
PostSubject: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin Xbitcoin-660x400.jpg,q1d04b1.pagespeed.ic.pDL1Ack7AE
http://n4gm.com/microsoft-now-accepts-bitcoin-payment-option-digital-purchases/

Quote :
Microsoft is now accepting Bitcoin as a payment option for downloading digital content. Microsoft started using Bitcoin since earlier this week which is months after adding a Bitcoin convertor to its search engine, Bing. You can use Bitcoin to fund your Microsoft account and purchasing content from Windows and Xbox games, music and video stores. Although you can use Bitcoin to fund your Microsoft account, but you can’t purchase services like office 365.

With this move, Microsoft is the biggest company that supports Bitcoin. Microsoft is integrating BitPay to process Bitcoin transactions and any money added with Bitcoin can’t be refunded, at least for now.

Right now, only American Microsoft accounts can use Bitcoin and it’s not confirmed yet if Microsoft plans to roll out this option to additional countries in the future or not.

I guess they're jumping on the gimmick Bandwagon. Now all Bitcoin enthusiasts are gonna buy Xboxes.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Okay?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
Okay?

You can now buy games bought with digital currency bought with digital currency bought with physical currency.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:38 pm

So since it's digital, I'm assuming the picture of those coins aren't actually bitcoins?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:40 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
So since it's digital, I'm assuming the picture of those coins aren't actually bitcoins?

It's the go-to Bitcoin stock photo. I'm pretty sure they're just physical Bitcoins, though that completely ruins the point.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Okay?

You can now buy games bought with digital currency bought with digital currency bought with physical currency.

I can't use a credit card instead?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Okay?

Yes. But now you can use Bitcoin as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Okay?

Yes.  But now you can use Bitcoin as well.

Don't know why, but okay, lol.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Okay?

Yes.  But now you can use Bitcoin as well.

Don't know why, but okay, lol.

Bitcoin users are a very enthusiastic market. They'll buy stuff like crazy just to help make Bitcoin more popular. Dogecoin is the same.
Back to top Go down
wowsuchvydja
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:38 pm

hopefully they accept dogecoin soon too.

also, nice sig mecha.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 pm

wowsuchvydja wrote:
hopefully they accept dogecoin soon too.

also, nice sig mecha.

Thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin   Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Micro$oft now Accepts Bitcoin
Page 1 of 1