Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business Empty
PostSubject: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:23 am

http://nichegamer.net/2014/12/nippon-ichi-software-if-disgaea-5-doesnt-sell-enough-we-might-not-remain-in-business/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949072

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business Disgaea-5-12-9-14-2

Niche Gamer wrote:
The rise and fall of the AA games industry is quite a sad thing to have witnessed, as there is generally a wide divide between the indies, and the giant AAA games.

Nippon Ichi Software is arguably one of those few remaining AA studios left in business, and their statement made for the 20th anniversary Playstation celebration was quite, well, depressing:

Shinkawa Shohei wrote:
“If Disgaea 5 doesn’t sell as planned then we might not still be in business the year after. Even though Bloodborne is now releasing the same day, we really hope people will pick up both titles at once.”

So there you have it. Although the game hasn’t been confirmed for the west quite yet, you might want to consider importing it?

I really don't want to lose NIS. :'(  But given normal trends in sales estimates, their expectations are probably pretty low.  The only real danger is them being completely ignored in favour of Bloodborne

Last edited by Angelus on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 am

I never gotten the chance to play any of the Disgaea games. Should I buy?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business ZDL7A4I
Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 am

Mecha wrote:
I never gotten the chance to play any of the Disgaea games. Should I buy?

Yes. It's a fun SRPG, kinda like FF Tactics on Adrenaline with greater customization and leveling. Some of our smileys are from there, like these guys [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 3224279020 who explode when you throw them at enemies.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business R5MQPRE

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:09 am

Maybe I'll imported from Japan. No wait... fuck! It will be in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:14 am

Mecha wrote:
Maybe I'll imported from Japan. No wait... fuck! It will be in Japanese.

I imagine they'll still be able to bring it to the west. It'll be nice to see what they're doing with their first PS4 release.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm gonna buy 2 copies then DSP2
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
I'm gonna buy 2 copies then DSP2

I'll probably get at least one too, even though I doubt I'll have a PS4 by then.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 pm

Not gonna happen, unfortunately. They are limiting themselves to one console and this would shatter their sales record.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 284846-NISHeader

http://www.destructoid.com/nis-might-go-out-of-business-if-disgaea-5-doesn-t-sell-284846.phtml

Quote :
[Update: NIS of America has reached out to us to update this story. According to the publisher, the statement made by president Sohei Niikawa was originally meant to be self-depreciating humor. The original spirit of the quote was meant to convey that Niikawa might be fired if Disgaea 5 didn't hit its sales target.

NIS released another quote from Niikawa to clarify, saying "If Disgaea 5 does not sell as planned, I, as the producer, might need to leave the Japanese gaming industry. (LOL)" He added that the original comment "in no way mean(t) or impl(ied) that Nippon Ichi Software as a company is going bankrupt or is in financial difficult(y)."]

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 2505020059 dood! [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 409191096 [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 2505020059 [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 2577594058 troll Wink silent creamy hello [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 3128676713 [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 1082591386 [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business 3089832172
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:05 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:10 am

Based Sonji wrote:
Not gonna happen, unfortunately. They are limiting themselves to one console and this would shatter their sales record.

Couldn't handle it.

Quote :
Niikawa stated that the number of characters that are able to be displayed on-screen at once has grown tremendously. Instead of the 10 or so characters that could be shown on the PS3, the PS4 can display 100 or more. That's, uh...kind of a lot, huh? It's going to be interesting to see how that works out.

http://www.destructoid.com/disgaea-5-pumps-up-the-volume-of-characters-on-screen-280596.phtml
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 am

Still buying Day 1.   dood!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 12:25 am

I'm still considering on buying it as well.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
I'm still considering on buying it as well.

You should, NIS Games are normally pretty fun.  They've been getting a lot of flak over censorship recently though.  

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=836344&sid=b9afed169d38c80641d1b01dc2cd3dd9#p836347
Jordan wrote:
Hey doods! Just going to jump in and drop this here for your edification since there seems to have been a misunderstanding as things were lost in translation.

As is very typical of him, Mr. Niikawa’s original statements in Japanese were in jest, which unfortunately doesn't quite come across when taken out of context and in translation.

Mr. Niikawa’s original comment during a live interview with Nico Nico was actually that he might be fired, however, this was somehow turned into the below comment by a Japanese blogger.
「ディスガイア5が計画通り売れなかったら来年業界にいないかも。Bloodborneと丸
被りになっちゃったけど両方買って欲しい。」
We asked Mr. Niikawa to clarify and he said that the correct spirit and translation of the comment is, "If Disgaea 5 does not sell as planned, I, as the producer, might need to leave the Japanese gaming industry. (LOL)"

Mr. Niikawa further adds, "This comment was simply self-deprecating humor and in no way did it mean or imply that Nippon Ichi Software as a company is going bankrupt or is in financial difficulties. I was merely trying to use humor in order to get the point across that we are committed to selling 150,000 copies of Disgaea 5.”

Hopefully that calms some of your concerns. We're planning to be around and bringing fun titles to the West for a long while yet!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:30 am

I really love Disgaea. It has a lot of charm and humor to it. The gameplay itself is fluid and engaging. Throwing prinnies is a magical experience. You should buy it if you like anime or strategy games. Not like there are any other PS4 games to play anyways.

I think they should expand the series to PC. Valkyrie Chronicles has been selling a lot better than anyone expected. It's a fairly untapped market for PC gamers.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 12:45 am

Stigma wrote:
I really love Disgaea. It has a lot of charm and humor to it. The gameplay itself is fluid and engaging. Throwing prinnies is a magical experience. You should buy it if you like anime or strategy games. Not like there are any other PS4 games to play anyways.

I think they should expand the series to PC. Valkyrie Chronicles has been selling a lot better than anyone expected. It's a fairly untapped market for PC gamers.

Most PCs couldn't handle 5. It takes a while before the average PC owning gamer has a PC as capable as a console. Even if they released 3 or 4, with the amount going on most people wouldn't be able to play them except for actual PC gamers, which is a pretty small market for NIS in the West. They could definitely port 1 and 2 though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business   [DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DEBUNKED] Nippon Ichi Software (NIS) in Danger of Going out of Business
Page 1 of 1