Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 am

Quote :
Nintendo is not fearful that continually releasing new Mario games will come back to bite the company. Speaking to Games Industry International, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime responded to a question regarding whether or not there is a danger in using Nintendo's intellectual properties, like Mario, too much.

More Mario is no problem, says Fils-Aime.
"I would say categorically, no," the executive responded. "And that's because our developers, starting with Mr. Miyamoto and going through the entire EAD development organization, they understand the power of our franchises, and they understand that the only reason these franchises have the power that they do is that they have to make sure that each subsequent edition is unique, different, and offers something new."

Fils-Aime stressed that this must be the case. If Nintendo fails to create innovative sequels, then there could be problems, he admitted.

"They know that if they don't do that, we'll kill the golden goose that lays the golden egg," he continued. "So it's something they are highly cognizant of, and even the executives on the business side, we hold that IP very dearly to make sure that every edition in the series is foundationally sound."

In the past 12 months, Nintendo has released a host of Mario-focused games. These include Super Mario 3D Land and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games in November 2011; Mario Kart 7 in December 2011; Mario Party 9 during March 2012; Mario Tennis Open in May 2012; and New Super Mario Bros. 2 in August 2012. Upcoming Mario titles include Paper Mario: Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros. U, both of which are set to arrive during November 2012.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-sees-no-danger-in-releasing-numerous-mario-games-6396507
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 am

Have a feeling it would hurt overall sales though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 8:10 pm

I hate Nintendo sometimes.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:03 am

Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year ManMilkingCow
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Nintendo, As much as i love you and I love Mario, you need to learn when to take a break. Give Mario a rest every now and then and give some of your other IPs a shot.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

i agree got nsmb 2 on the 3ds good game but completed it in days total waste of money Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year 21888
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year   Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo sees no danger in releasing numerous Mario games every year
Page 1 of 1