Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC

Go down 
+8
Chobo
Angelus
Orc
yonny616
Bluenose
Mecha
Archduke
NoelX2
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Mecha wrote:
@Lykos So only games that YOU are interested in counts? LOL! Even MLD would disagree with you. Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 3202469658

Sorry for not ranking indies in the same league as retail AAA titles

"naw muns skay is as gud then forzer"

This is so ignorant. Indie games aren't graded on a different scale than any other game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 am

^The thumbnail above perfectly describes what Lykos must be feeling.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:30 am

Orion wrote:
Both Xbone and PS4 have no games, I'd say MS are worse off considering 343 somehow managed to fuck up Halo 1 and 2, so 5 will probably be abysmal.

Also yeah most indie games destroy the majority of the AAA blockbusters released this gen, Bastion, This War of Mine and Valiant Hearts are all amazing.

I wouldn't say "most indie games" But there sure are plenty that I would easily take over the majority of AAA.

Lykos wrote:

Some good examples in my eyes would be Journey, Terraria, Minecraft, Brothers. Or easier to compare to AAA : Chivalry, Insurgency.

I don' care about the marketing budget of a game. I care about how good it is.

We don't know how good No Man's Sky will be. But if it's about as good as it seem you can be damn sure that I care more about it than I do about Forza or Gran Turismo.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:36 am

Gutzahn wrote:
Orion wrote:
Both Xbone and PS4 have no games, I'd say MS are worse off considering 343 somehow managed to fuck up Halo 1 and 2, so 5 will probably be abysmal.

Also yeah most indie games destroy the majority of the AAA blockbusters released this gen, Bastion, This War of Mine and Valiant Hearts are all amazing.

I wouldn't say "most indie games" But there sure are plenty that I would easily take over the majority of AAA.

Lykos wrote:

Some good examples in my eyes would be Journey, Terraria, Minecraft, Brothers. Or easier to compare to AAA : Chivalry, Insurgency.

I don' care about the marketing budget of a game. I care about how good it is.

We don't know how good No Man's Sky will be. But if it's about as good as it seem you can be damn sure that I care more about it than I do about Forza or Gran Turismo.

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 ZS5J9BM
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Quote :
FWIW, we (the public) have no insight into Capcom's financial state. While a series can sell millions, if the burn rate and operating costs of the studio are not in check, that money is spent before its earned. Also, side experiments and risky projects can sink an otherwise profitable studio.

Phil said it best. Deals happen. 3rd party publishers don't have to tell platform holders everything they do, nor do platform holders have some kind of innate right to be told about and be given the option to counter to any possible deal with another platform holder.

You've got two japanese companies that have worked together for a long time. You've got a platform holder that does not have an exclusive game in the fighting space. You've got a developer in financial trouble. They talk. Deal happens.

While it's easy to say "anyone would back a new street fighter game", that is without cracking the books and looking into Capcom's actual operations to know if that investment would pay off at a return greater than a fixed interest bond over he same time period, or any other number of ways to make that same amount of investment money pay greater return within the same time and with less risk. It could very we'll be that Sony was willing to take a marginal return at best in order to lock the franchise up exclusively, which they would see more as marketing spend that helps bolster their system in the eyes of gamers. So while an outside investor is only looking at financial return on their money, Sony considers it a fan base and marketing investment, which matters to them, hence they'll take the risk on it.

I for one prefer a world in which Street Fighter continues, and if the only way that was going to happen was that they went exclusive to a platform, then that's certainly better than the alternative in which there are no more Street Fighter games.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=c47fd5d0ebfeb49de766375da671460a&topic=4662.255
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:32 pm

http://nichegamer.com/2015/11/report-r-mika-is-now-censored-in-street-fighter-v/

EDIT: Camera glitch booty is safe
https://twitter.com/SuRge913/status/663160335440834560

Last edited by Angelus on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 Get10
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:40 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 ULMXC0J
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 3:43 pm

WTF!?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:54 pm

I've been playing through Street Fighter V for about 4-5 hours now. Game is fun as fuck, and it's so awesome to try out all the characters and their movesets and stuff. Since there isn't an arcade mode or a major story mode, I've been playing through the survival mode and the pathetic "story mode" provided to us with a few characters. I don't think I'll be going online only very much at this moment, since I'm only playing on a gamepad and am pretty much a n00b at this game. I went online earlier and got crushed in all the matches I've played, with literally no lag though. The online server sometimes logs me out for no fucking reason, which is annoying as hell. But, that is starting to happen less and less since this game has been patched and Capcom says they are working to "fix" everything wrong with the game. Though, there are still matches online where the data fails to reach the server for whatever reason.

It's pretty evidently clear that this game was rushed by Capcom for a release. If you're going to pick this game up, I recommend you get it in March or later when the shop and the locked game mode are available to play. The main story isn't even available until June, which will be a full-fledged story mode and not the garbage that Capcom gave to us at launch. That, and since this game is going to have a new DLC character released every month or so, in which you can unlock by not even paying a penny of actual money, I recommend waiting to pick this game up.

The fact that you can ragequit online matches with no penalty at all is fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:59 pm

I also got this game pre-owned for like $10 off at Gamestop. Like holy shit, LOL! People have already gotten pissed off to the point where they've traded the game in, that's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:02 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/street-fighter-v

LOL @ the user score. Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:05 pm

That's the response you will get when you rsuh a game to launch that is severely lacking in content. I mean, no arcade or spectator mode? A very basic and barebones tutorial that doesn't even teach you some of the more advanced moves in the game? Seriously, WTF Capcom!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:22 pm

I'm thinking about buying an arcade joystick from Amazon to play this game and get better at it, but I don't know If I should spend like $200 on like the best one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:30 pm

I heard some joysticks suck.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Yeah, a lot of them do apparently. You should be fine if you get the top of the line stuff that is used in pro tournaments, like what MadCatz offers. But those are expensive as hell, apparently. Or hell, even if you just mod some joysticks you could probably get some of them to work on a PS4/PC.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Lol 2 of my mates who are hardcore into Street Fighter said it's completly shit and barebones, websites have called it like an early access game as well.

Thinking about buying Mortal Kombat X tho tbh fam
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Just wait for the MK XL version coming out in March.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:38 am

Needs more Deadpool.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC   Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street Fighter V announced for PS4 and PC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2