Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shovel Knight!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

Shovel Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Shovel Knight!   Shovel Knight! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Anybody else playing Shovel Knight?  It's a platformer on Wii U, 3DS, and Steam.  Really fun gameplay, kind of feels like a mash-up of Mega Man, Duck Tails, and Castlevania.  The pixel graphics are fantastic, and the NES-style chiptune music is great.

Here, have some reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/shovel-knight/critic-reviews

And check out a gameplay video!

There ARE some version differences (or at least there will be).  The Wii U apparently will eventually get a multi-player battle mode, not sure if it will be local only or online too.  I believe that is also coming to the Steam version.  The 3DS version's difference (besides the 3D, which I hear is really good, but I bought it on Wii U and I never use the 3D on my 3DS anyways) will be some sort of Streetpass-based challenge mode, but I don't know much about it yet.

Here, check out the music:  https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-original-soundtrack

SHOVEL KNIGHT HOOOOOO!
Shovel Knight! 3mnQjDU
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Shovel Knight! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Shovel Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight!   Shovel Knight! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Don't have a Wii U, 3DS, or Steam. Sad
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Shovel Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight!   Shovel Knight! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm

^^

Same.

Looks like a nice little game all the same. I'll get my platform buzz pretty soon when I purchase Abe's Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shovel Knight! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shovel Knight!   Shovel Knight! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shovel Knight!
Page 1 of 1