Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thor is now a woman!

Go down 
+4
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
Yeah, but nobody cares about the original Green Lantern. Thor on the other hand, is still pretty relevant.
That's my point, that if DC really gave a shit about the LGBT community, they'd make a far more relevant character gay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Marvel does take a lot more risk than DC. The riskiest thing DC has done recently was making Clark Kent go rouge and have a new Superman that's black. But that doesn't really count since it takes place in an alternative universe I think. Where as something like Thor becoming a woman takes place in the mainstream universe.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 5:57 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
lol comics are such shit with these random changes.

What is Green Lantern now? I heard he was gay then Arab.

That's different. There are many different types of Green Lanterns protecting the galaxy. The Green Lantern you're probably thinking about is the original Green Lantern, who is now in fact gay. But it's not the same Green Lantern as Hal Gordon, John Stewart (the black guy, not the Jew), or Simon Baz.
That was bullshit too. DC wanted to show support towards the gay community so they made the FIRST Green Lantern gay. Does anyone even care about that dude? He's weak against wood . . . huh, I guess it DOES make sense that he's gay, lol.

Alan Scott has a huge fanbase with comic fans and the change was in the comics , it's just the movie/tv people like you and mecha who dont care.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 8:52 am

Thor looked like a girl to me anyway. Even in the comics, Spider-Man calls him Goldilocks. Besides, making Thor into a woman is not as bad as making Iron Patriot and Nick Fury black in the comics. Marvel is letting their influence on the films affect the comics. Which is what I told some Michigan kid about a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:24 am

yonny616 wrote:
Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 E4OckhD

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 Mind-blown
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 12:27 pm

If i was a women I think I'd be dissapointed. It's not like they made a new strong female character, they just gave an already established male character a sex change.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:26 pm

@Stigma Not really. Thor is still there. He just loses the hammer (Is unworthy of it) and the hammer chose someone more worthy to wield it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Stigma Not really. Thor is still there. He just loses the hammer (Is unworthy of it) and the hammer chose someone more worthy to wield it.
Which is absolute bullshit in the context of the current comic run, Thor has never been worthier to wield it as he has been in the past 2 years
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:12 am

First Thor is a woman, now this?! http://www.theonion.com/articles/marvel-reimagines-green-goblin-as-lefthanded,36507/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:19 am

#marginalizationofrighthandedpeople
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:55 am

The whole turning Thor into a woman doesn't make sense at all in the current context in the comics, I could understand if they did it when Thor is acting unworthy and she could use the hammer, but she wouldn't actually become fucking Thor.Beta Ray Bill for example, picks up Thor's hammer and could use it, but he's still Beta Ray Bill and not Thor.

You are only defending this because it's a retarded change in the name of diversity even though it makes no sense and is a ridiculous idea
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 am

Teckno wrote:
#marginalizationofrighthandedpeople

#marginilizationofthesuperiorpeople
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Chris Hemsworth on Thor becoming a woman. Skip it to 5:48.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thor is now a woman!   Thor is now a woman! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thor is now a woman!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2