Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.

Go down 
+5
Gutzahn
Bluenose
Orion
Mecha
Archduke
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. Empty
PostSubject: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:23 pm

TSIA
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Cowboy Bebop is the greatest anime of all time!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Mecha wrote:

I agree with this x100000000000000000000.

Though, I still have yet to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and those types of anime are shit
Miyazaki is the master of anime
Lone Wolf and Cub is the best manga of all time
Berserk has the best art of any manga
Comics are better than manga as they don't rely on cliches as much and tend to have better writing and art
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Orion wrote:

Comics are better than manga as they don't rely on cliches as much and tend to have better writing and art
I lol'd

-Episodic anime like Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are overrated.
-There is WAY too much fanservice in anime.
-I love deconstructions. Or the uncertainty if a work will use a deconstruction or just roll with a trope.
-I am a total sucker for soundtracks with an epic flair to them, bonus points for choirs. I will listen to that a lot on my mp3.
-I love the way Urobuchi does things.
-We need more deuteragonists, they tend to be awesome characters.
-There aren't enough cool female characters if you don't count the bonus points people give them for free for being female. ( If I had to point out 15 awesome characters, there would be like 12 males among them.)
-Kill la Kill got way too much attention, last season was kinda shit.
-After watching Steins;Gate I tend to find almost all other stories with time travel to be unsatisfying and weakly executed. And even then there are a lot of time twists I like, goes to show that anime has a ton of them.
-I hate how characters are always ridiculously young for the stuff they are doing in anime and manga. We need more mature stuff like Fate / Zero in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:10 am

Harem animes are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 am

@gutz-chan
I've yet to see a manga with writing and plotting1/4 good as Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman or art anywhere near as good as J.H Williams or Francesco Francavilla. Comic artists actually spend a month drawing an issue to make sure it doesn't look like shit drawn by thousand fucking assistants on slave wages.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:02 am

Orion wrote:
@gutz-chan
I've yet to see a manga with writing and plotting1/4 good as Alan Moore or Neil Gaiman or art anywhere near as good as J.H Williams or Francesco Francavilla. Comic artists actually spend a month drawing an issue to make sure it doesn't look like shit drawn by thousand fucking assistants on slave wages.
A month per issue is the standard. Also you want good writing ? Gen Urobuchi man. Though I think he mostly does Light Novels and Anime.
I have to say though that I have a big chunk less knowledge of the manga sector than I have of the anime counterpart.

You really shouldn't talk about cliche when with comics you have Hero stories almost exclusively. Not even highschools or shonen in anime are that dominant a theme.

@ Gen Urobuchi
I just googled him and found this Urobuchi Bingo chart of recurring themes in his works Razz
Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. Tumblr_mhw280g2ZT1qhnz1go1_500
I don't really remember any lolis though in the stuff I have seen from him. And I am thankful for that.

@topic
- I think characters like Son Goku are boring because they are ideal good guys. Anti heroes or villain main characters or crazy protagonists are way more fun to watch. AND they do a better job of getting a lesson across or making you think about something.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:12 am

Lol don't bother talking shit man when you have no idea on what you're talking about, there's a lot more then just superhero comics. The writing in most anime and manga are nowhere near Moore or Gaiman, and the art is so shit it messes the story so bad.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 am

Orion wrote:
Lol don't bother talking shit man when you have no idea on what you're talking about, there's a lot more then just superhero comics. The writing in most anime and manga are nowhere near Moore or Gaiman, and the art is so shit it messes the story so bad.

Right back at ya. You started the trash talk here. Also you forgot the most important rule. 90% of everything is shit. So I can jsut as easily say : The writing in most comics is nowhere near Urobuchi. Using something average or bad of the opposing side and comparing it to the best your side has to offer is weak.
Also I never said that ALL comics are about heroes, but you can't deny that this is a huge chunk.
Another thing : If you don't look at the stuff aimed at kids, you will find that the artstyle between different comics isn't as diverse as with anime/manga.

@ topic
After reading Tower of God I wish there would be manga like this, that start out with less detailed but atmospheric art that evolves the whole time and is full color. Also I like the format of the pages. This just feels so unique and charming to me. Digging the aproach of indiscriminatly equally featuring male and female characters that kick ass and have strong personalities.
I wish there would be a chance of this becoming an anime or whatever, but since it's from korea ... Sad

I have 0 interest in sports related anime/manga and can't imagine that ever changing.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 am

Welp, at least Urobuchi has talent. Can't say for much in most other mediums these days. Comics is a good example since most super heroes comics today are all pretty much zombie franchises. Remember when they finally put the Amazing Spider-Man to rest just to release a brand new Spider-Man comic series soon after.

- Sometimes I consider Miyazaki to be somewhat of a talentless hack.
- I am sucker for love stories, even if it shit.
- Also a sucker for good music which is the only reason why I like Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
- I have to find out which girl will win.
- I like Highschool DxD fan service and the story...
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 am

Contrary to everything I previously said I think this show was awesome.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:16 am

Yeah, I tend to like animes that doesn't require much thinking because I can just shut off my brain and enjoy. Especially after watching something like Psycho-Pass.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm

What's your first anime, guys?

Mine's Pokemon and Sailor Moon. I actually really like the 4Kids dub of Pokemon, for nostalgic reasons and for the funny one-liners. I started watching Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Yu-Gi-Oh many years later. Toonami was the shit when I was a kid. (and it still is, btw)

EDIT: I forgot about Cardcaptors (worst dub ever) and Digimon (known in Japan as Digimon Adventure). I also loved those as a kid.

Oh and Pokemon>>>>Digimon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:41 am

My first anime would probably be either Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z, but I was very aware of these shows before they even hit Toonami. I don't remember what channel I use to watched them though. I know Dragon Ball Z use to air on Fox once, before Cartoon Network. But once they hit Toonami I officially became a fan of the shows.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:13 am

Digimon or Pokemon. Didn't even know what anime was back then though.
First thing I watched knowing that it was an anime was Elfenlied. And after watching Higurashi 1 1/2 years later I started watching more.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Pokemon or DBZ
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 pm

The big 3 in anime suck donkey ass. (One piece is the only show that's even remotely interesting. The other 2 are utter shit.)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

Baccano! is a very underrated anime show.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
Baccano! is a very underrated anime show.
Indeeeed!
Also has a fun dub.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 1:11 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:55 am

Mecha wrote:
>Loving Cowboy Bebop
>Controversial

Anyway i thought School Days was really good, people hate it due to the main character but that's why i liked it. He was the type of character you loved to hate and it made the anime much more emotional and interesting instead of the usual generic harems with the white knight faggot MC's.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Fan-service is annoying as fuck, but I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Toradora is and forever will be the greatest romance anime of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.   Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime/Manga confessions/controversial opinions.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next