Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:48 am

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/28/microsoft-concerned-over-kinect-spying-claims

[mention]Microsoft has responded to fresh claims published in The Guardian this morning that UK spies contemplated using Kinect for surveillance. The program, called Optic Nerve, apparently targeted 1.8 million Yahoo users in an attempt to collect masses of webcam images. Part of the report, however, also mentions a presentation that flags "interest" in the Kinect's capabilities. Supposedly the Xbox 360 motion sensor was intriguing as it generated "fairly normal webcam traffic". The Guardian's documents suggest that while Kinect was seriously being considered for integration into Optic Nerve, there's no evidence to suggest it was ever actually used to spy on people.

When Eurogamer contacted Microsoft for comment, the company responded saying: "Microsoft has never heard of this program. However, we're concerned about any reports of governments surreptitiously collecting private customer data. That's why in December we initiated a broad effort to expand encryption across our services and are advocating for legal reforms."

Late last year there were accusations that Xbox Live had been breached by government agents, along with games like World of Warcraft. This in turn led to the formation of a group angling for Global Government Surveillance Reform, with Google and other tech giants all joining forces to ask for open discussion about mass surveillance.[/mention] wrote:

Link to The Guardian article: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/27/gchq-nsa-webcam-images-internet-yahoo
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 am

That's retarded... "Durr... Let's spy on little girls playing Kinectimals, that's sure to increase national security."
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:35 am

Sir Angelus the Revenant wrote:
That's retarded...  "Durr...  Let's spy on little girls playing Kinectimals, that's sure to increase national security."
terrorists train on cod u idort
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 11:48 am

Orion wrote:
That's retarded...  "Durr...  Let's spy on little girls playing Kinectimals, that's sure to increase national security."

Yes, of course, they train by playing simulations of killing each other.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Orion wrote:

are u fucking retarded? they use MODS u idiot, mods to play as terrorists.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Orion wrote:
Orion wrote:

are u fucking retarded? they use MODS u idiot, mods to play as terrorists.

MODS don't provide realistic combat simulation, you fucktard.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:52 pm

...............you actually thought i was being serious? Shit dude.....keep up
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Orion wrote:

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 pm

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying Gu4
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:24 pm

As if Microsoft isn't like all the other big companies that spy on their customers with or without the government.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying   Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft is concerned over claims of Kinect spying
Page 1 of 1