Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What phone do you use?

Go down 
+16
Chobo
RamboOnRedBull
Bipolar
thebigmike1983
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
Angelus
Orion
Fenrir
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
yonny616
Mr Canai Spy
Bluenose
NoelX2
Orc
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

What phone do you use? - Page 2 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:24 am

Well my Sidekick 4G started lagging a lot, so I upgraded to a Nokia Lumia 521.

Not the most powerful, and I lied to myself saying I would never get a non-keyboard phone, but wtv.

The Good: Amazing price smart phone; $50 but still awesome. I love the Windows 8 interface on a phone. When windows releases 8.1 update, I'll be able to use Cortana. :)

What phone do you use? - Page 2 NokiL521

Case:

What phone do you use? - Page 2 $_12
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

What phone do you use? - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 10:57 am

What phone do you use? - Page 2 Ghetto-iPhone-random-21517654-276-183
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

What phone do you use? - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:15 pm

HTC Desire 610

What phone do you use? - Page 2 Htc-de10
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 pm

My s5 is nearly broke already. Sad Screen is cracked, sometimes unresponsive and turns off every now and again. Sad

Sad
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Sucks brah. Get an ibend.
Back to top Go down
anonym
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 pm

I have a Nokia lumina 520
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Those Lumias are really nice. Only problem I got with them is sound quality (like music output, via headphones). I damn near got a Lumia 630 as I read they are compatible with 128GB sd cards (perfect for the amount of music I listen to) but the sound quality is arguably below average, and battery isn't the best.

I ended up getting a Sony Xperia M2 for my music listening needs. And I like it so much that I made it my primary phone in spite of inferior screen resolution, inferior camera and generally inferior specs to my current phone. It just has such good music quality and such a nice responsive interface with great long-lasting battery. Also compatibility for 128GB sd cards. Wooop
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Those Lumias are really nice. Only problem I got with them is sound quality (like music output, via headphones). I damn near got a Lumia 630 as I read they are compatible with 128GB sd cards (perfect for the amount of music I listen to) but the sound quality is arguably below average, and battery isn't the best.

This is true. Without headphones, sound straight from the phone is actually pretty good. But with headphones it is not too great. The battery isn't that great either so it's essential to put on battery save mode when low.

On the bright side, I downloaded Windows 8.1 by downloading the Preview For Developers app that Microsoft released (Microsoft did this cause phone services like T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon are so slow to release updates and Microsoft wanted people just to use this extremely superior version early). Now I haz Cortana and all the cool tweeks that came with the update. What phone do you use? - Page 2 2505020059

We should also have a memorial for Nokia. Microsoft is now fading out the Nokia name with Microsoft instead.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/nokia-no-more-microsoft-drops-onceubiquitous-mobile-name-in-favour-of-its-lumia-brand-9811257.html

R.I.P. Nokia Sad
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

What phone do you use? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 7:46 pm

I got a Samsung.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 8:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
I got a Samsung.

Gee, that's specific. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 am

DaTeckno wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

This is true. Without headphones, sound straight from the phone is actually pretty good. But with headphones it is not too great. The battery isn't that great either so it's essential to put on battery save mode when low.

On the bright side, I downloaded Windows 8.1 by downloading the Preview For Developers app that Microsoft released (Microsoft did this cause phone services like T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon are so slow to release updates and Microsoft wanted people just to use this extremely superior version early). Now I haz Cortana and all the cool tweeks that came with the update. What phone do you use? - Page 2 2505020059

We should also have a memorial for Nokia. Microsoft is now fading out the Nokia name with Microsoft instead.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/nokia-no-more-microsoft-drops-onceubiquitous-mobile-name-in-favour-of-its-lumia-brand-9811257.html

R.I.P. Nokia Sad

Is Cortana any good or is it just another Siri?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Orc wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

R.I.P. Nokia Sad

Is Cortana any good or is it just another Siri?

I know you asked this a while ago, but I didn't see it lol. I've never used Siri, but the general consensus I've read is that Cortana is better.

Anyways, got a new phone. The flagship killer: OnePlus One

What phone do you use? - Page 2 Maxresdefault
What phone do you use? - Page 2 04

Top of the line specs for more than half the price of flagships by Apple, Samsung, LG, etc. It's freaking $300 for the 64gb version unlocked!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 pm

I have an iphone 5c right now. I like it but I don't want to buy another iphone because of their shitty battery life and memory. It's also very restrictive and it's designed to be very difficult to take apart so if it breaks you have to pay apple to fix it or risk causing even more damage to it. Even doing something like replacing the battery is a huge pain in the ass cause they want you to pay them 80 bucks for them to replace it for you.

I'm with sprint and they suck ass. They promise unlimited data but I'm pretty sure they throttle your data after a couple of gigs so I'm switching to verizon in 6 months once my contract ends. Basically I'm looking for advice on a new phone never had anything but iphones. I have 3 non negotiable points I want met though. It must have:
1. Good battery life
2. Expandable memory
3. Good sound quality including through headphones.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:19 am

Stigma wrote:
I have an iphone 5c right now. I like it but I don't want to buy another iphone because of their shitty battery life and memory. It's also very restrictive and it's designed to be very difficult to take apart so if it breaks you have to pay apple to fix it or risk causing even more damage to it. Even doing something like replacing the battery is a huge pain in the ass cause they want you to pay them 80 bucks for them to replace it for you.

I'm with sprint and they suck ass. They promise unlimited data but I'm pretty sure they throttle your data after a couple of gigs so I'm switching to verizon in 6 months once my contract ends. Basically I'm looking for advice on a new phone never had anything but iphones. I have 3 non negotiable points I want met though. It must have:
1. Good battery life
2. Expandable memory

I'd look into the LG G4 or the HTC One M9 then. I'd also recommend the OnePlus one like me because the battery is excellent and it has good headphone quality, but there is no expandable storage. I would think that if you get the 64 GB version it would be more than enough though.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

Stigma wrote:

1. Good battery life
2. Expandable memory

Idk about the One M9's battery life, but it definitely satisfies points 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 4:53 pm

What phone did you end up getting, Stigma?
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Got an LG phone, dont know the model, and its not a well known one.

$35 a month tho, cant complain.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:35 pm

I use an LG phone. No idea what model it is, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What phone do you use?   What phone do you use? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What phone do you use?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2