Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review

Go down 
+3
Stoney
Mecha
yonny616
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review Empty
PostSubject: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review The-last-of-us-dlc
Quote :
The Last Of Us is the latest game from acclaimed developers at Naughty Dog. As a project, it was financially a huge risk since it was a new I.P right near the end of a console life cycle. Although, this didn’t stop Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann from fulfilling their own vision for this project. Once the project was finished, Sony hired a consulting group to create a mock review of The Last Of Us, that gave it an average score and complained about lack of boss fights and variety in the game.

In a latest Interview to Empire Online, both reveal how the critical reception to The Last Of Us exceeded their wildest expectations but more importantly, they also talked about how Sony teased them, by creating a mock review that gave the game an average score, leading to them expecting such average scores from most other critics.

Neil: What was also interesting was right when we finished, Sony hired some consulting group to do a mock review for the game.

Bruce: Oh yeah…

Neil: And then we got that mock review and it was kind of like an average score, and they were complaining that there’s not enough boss fights and variety, and we were like, “OK, that’s kind of what we expected would be some of the reactions.”

Bruce: Yeah, they were saying, “We want some kind weapons, or some kind of secret cool weapon from the government that could destroy the infected easier.”

Neil: “We want more different classes of infected to fight…”

Bruce: “We want to know about the government conspiracy…”

Neil: So that’s when we thought, going forward, “OK, that’s going to be how a lot of people react to this, it’s going to be this.” But we were, again, pleasantly surprised when people picked up on the stuff we were trying to achieve.

The Last Of Us is nominated for many of the Game of the Year awards for this year. It has also won several of them. It is also maintaining a strong 95 meta score on metacritic. Naughty Dog have also won Best Studio at this year’s Spike Video Game Awards. Their next project seems to be a new Uncharted on PlayStation 4, that was revealed at this year’s Spike Video Game Awards show.
http://gearnuke.com/the-last-us-devs-sony-created-mock-review-tease-us-pleasantly-surprised-overall-critical-reception/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:59 pm

lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:19 pm

It's what EA would do/force upon, ND if they were under their umbrella. NEEDS MAOR AWESOME!!. It's a like a satirical poke at the industry and it's CoD mindset.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Looks like Sony was trying to mainstream this game. Glad Naughty Dog resisted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Well they are right about the game having lack of enemy and boss variety but the situations the game throws you into does make up for it. i.e that flooded room while the power is out. The the game is still mainstream as fuck tho.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Teckno wrote:

No, it was a mock review.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 am

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:

No, it was a mock review.

If SONY wanted to 'mainstream' The Last of Us, The Last of Us would be 'mainstream.'
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Teckno wrote:

There really isn't anything niche/hipster about TLOU in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review   Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Trolled Naughty Dog With Fake The Last of Us Review
Page 1 of 1