Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  Empty
PostSubject: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 pm

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/8755/20131126/xbox-one-problems-worsen-smoking-consoles-and-green-screens-of-death-reported-video.htm

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  Xbox-one-loading-screen

f you thought disc drive troubles were bad, count your blessings, because some Xbox One owners are reporting far worse problems. How bad? About $500 worth of plastic and chips going up like a pack of Marlboros bad. It's hard to believe, but that's the story of two users are reporting on the Xbox Support Forum, claiming that their consoles actually started smoking after showing an amber light. Member innerWrAiTh wrote, "Got my Xbox One, played it last night and today. Was playing Ryse, went and done some quick cleaning, come back and the Xbox had a amber light. Plugged it into the wall like people recommended, ended up smoking through the top after I turned it on. Now I have to call and get a coffin. Seriously? its a new console? This is like PS4x2." The following day, TheZeeMan reported the same problem, writing on the forum, "I had the same issue, played fine on launch night, played fine for the most of the 22nd into the 23rd until about after 16 hours of gaming, mine just shut off and power supply was amber. It wouldn't turn back on so I followed the instructions of resetting the power supply and then it turned on for one second, buzzed, then started smoking. Sent it back to Microsoft already. I'm really hoping this is just a fluke and not due to gaming, what's the point if you can't play for very long." Microsoft has yet to comment on this issue, but given that there's only two reports to date, don't expect to hear much from the company on the matter. Similarly, while Microsoft is aware of and dealing with reported disc drive errors, there's been no word on a problem that often goes hand in hand with disc drive problems: the green screen of death. When discs in the Xbox One fail to load, owners are often faced with the loading screen indefinitely, or until they turn off the console. It's thought to be the result of the same disc drive problem, only it's being witnessed without the same "grinding, crunching, or clicking" sounds. As such, it's hard to conclude the root cause is the same. YouTuber RajmanGaming HD caught the problem in action, and you can check it out below. Luckily, he was able to fix the issue using the "Emergency Offline Update" for the console. Unfortunately, this no longer seems like a viable workaround for others experiencing the issue, as Microsoft pulled the update last week, and has since been encouraging customers requiring an offline update to contact customer support, a company representative telling GameSpot, "Because of the complexity of this customer support process we've actually removed the page and we will work with customers directly to make sure they have a smooth experience." wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Sounds worse than PS4's problems, except Sony solved the problem quickly. We'll have to see if this continues to get worse.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
Sounds worse than PS4's problems, except Sony solved the problem quickly. We'll have to see if this continues to get worse.
It's two isolated cases as of yet....
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:30 pm

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/90746/free-xbox-one-game-for-anyone-affected-by-hardware-issues/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Noice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Sounds hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death    Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbone consoles reported to "smoke" and green screen of death
Page 1 of 1