Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?

Go down 
+16
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Orc
Pein
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
NoelX2
Mecha
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
Stigma
The_Biotic_God
ghost23
Pizzy3C
Archduke
2Sugoi2Die
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Multiple Discs: Does it matter?
 Yes
 No
View results
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? Empty
PostSubject: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

From past to peresnt we have seen video games that are stored in more than one disc. Back then no more complain about Final Fantasy games being 3-4 discs, Xenosaga II being 2 discs and no one complain about Star Ocean being on 3 discs on the Xbox 360. There are a tons of examples. Thanks to the soap drama events of Final Fantasy XIII (Go look it up yourself), all of a sudden a video game being stored on multiple discs is a bad thing and became the centre of arguments.

My question is... Do you care if a game is on multiple discs? Does it change the outcome on what version you will buy? Just want to enjoy the game on your favourite system? I would like to read your answears.

Last edited by Padders on Sun May 08, 2011 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:59 pm

It does to me. If you a lose and/or break a disc, you're fucked. End of story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:08 am

no
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:11 am

No it doesn't matter to me. If anyone complains about getting off their ass every 10 hours to change a disc, then they are just pure lazy and should get out more.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:15 am

If you voted yes then you probably haven't been gaming very long...People only made a huge deal about multi-disc games this generation. It's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:17 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:

Suspect [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 1443829230 [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 457301478

No it doesn't. You change disks all the time when you want to play a different game, changing disks a few more times is no big deal. I'd rather have 4 disks than be forced to do a 3gig install.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:22 am

Alanski wrote:
If you voted yes then you probably haven't been gaming very long...People only made a huge deal about multi-disc games this generation. It's ridiculous.

I've been gaming since the 90's. SO fuck you.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:34 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

You're reasoning/logic is completely stupid. Like Stigma said you are GOING to inevitable be swapping discs when you want to play a different game.

Oh and get this....I've never broken any of my Xbox 360 game discs DESPITE the huge reports of disc scratches. And I don't even see how it's possible to lose a game disc if it's always going to be in the same shelf or in the console itself.

It does seem funny to me that only now multi-disc games are too much of a hassle. I guess it didn't matter last gen because both the PS2 and Xbox used DVD amirite? Idiots now use the multi-disc thing as leverage in a console war debate, it's ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:37 am

To us, it's not that big of a deal. To the developers, it's expensive. if developers go over the space of one disk with a game, they will have to pay royalties to MS or whoever patented DVDs. that's why devs don't usually go over 1 DVD. which is a shame seeing as Blu-Ray has a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:40 am

Not really, I mean I'd rather not. But walking 5 feet to my xbox to change a disc isn't a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:41 am

Alanski wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

You're reasoning/logic is completely stupid. Like Stigma said you are GOING to inevitable be swapping discs when you want to play a different game.

Oh and get this....I've never broken any of my Xbox 360 game discs DESPITE the huge reports of disc scratches. And I don't even see how it's possible to lose a game disc if it's always going to be in the same shelf or in the console itself.

It does seem funny to me that only now multi-disc games are too much of a hassle. I guess it didn't matter last gen because both the PS2 and Xbox used DVD amirite? Idiots now use the multi-disc thing as leverage in a console war debate, it's ridiculous.

Too bad IDGAF. [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059 [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059 [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:43 am

Blu-ray FTW!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:43 am

chobo500 wrote:
To us, it's not that big of a deal. To the developers, it's expensive. if developers go over the space of one disk with a game, they will have to pay royalties to MS or whoever patented DVDs. that's why devs don't usually go over 1 DVD. which is a shame seeing as Blu-Ray has a lot of potential.

I'm pretty damn sure 2 DVDs don't cost more than 1 Blu-ray... But it varies on the quality of the disc that they use and how many layers per disc.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000328.htm

I couldn't find the manufacturing costs of DVDs but considering that they aren't even being sold to the public for more than a dollar in most cases I think we can get a pretty clear idea on how cheap they are.

http://www.emedialive.com/Articles/ReadArticle.aspx?CategoryID=112&ArticleID=14071

A single layer Blu-ray disc MANUFACTURING costs range from $1.2 to $1.8. And if devs want to use "teh potential" of a full double-layered Blu-ray that generally costs $2.50 cents.

The whole "DVD is limiting Blu-ray" thing is redundant when most if not all PS3 exclusives don't actually have over a dual-layered DVD worth of actual game content in the first place. DVD is fine this generation because most games don't have that much pre-recorded cutsequences on the disc.

Last edited by Alanski on Sun May 08, 2011 1:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:49 am

Alanski wrote:
chobo500 wrote:

I'm pretty damn sure 2 DVDs don't cost more than 1 Blu-ray...

Blurayz cost alot of money to make.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 1:00 am

Actually it does, and if you read my reread my post which I expanded with sources then you would come up with that same conclusion.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:39 am

IDGAF [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059

I kind of like having multiple discs. The games with one disc are lonely. Sad

Last edited by ArcanaOfB3ast on Sun May 08, 2011 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:49 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:
IDGAF [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059
Can't we have one thread without any spamming or trolling?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:20 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Yeah right. Your only a kid, now shut up. [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:00 am

I'm not reluctant to purchase a game that's multiple discs, but if I can find it on one Blu-Ray then I'll most likely buy it on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:08 am

changing a disk is not a big deal..at all..you gotta be fucking retarded if you think swaping a disk for 10 seconds is a bad thing...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:08 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:

if you lose and/or break a single disk you're fucked. End of story.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:21 am

Lykos wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

True, but there are more discs to worry about when a game is on two or more discs.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:27 am

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

True, but there are more discs to worry about when a game is on two or more discs.
Maybe if you don't take good care of your games.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:35 am

Don't mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:54 am

Padders wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:

Maybe if you don't take good care of your games.
Hey, I'm just explaining DukeNukem43's logic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?   [POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[POLL]Multiple Discs: Does it matter?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next