Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What features would you like to see on the vita?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

What features would you like to see on the vita? Empty
PostSubject: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:39 am

* Alternate Home Screen Music - after a while the lighthearted jazzy piano and calming ambiance gets a bit tedious. Would be nice if it had multiple system musics which you can choose from, or just have them shuffled.

* PSP Game Upscaling - let's face it, the games look a bit jaggy and nasty when stretched out to Vita's larger screen, yet the core games themselves actually look beautiful (especially if you look at how they are upscaled on a PC emulator). I believe they should be displayed in Vita's native resolution. It's not likely that they will do this, but it would be a great feature.

* Screencaps on PSP games - I don't even know why the screenshot feature is disabled for PSP games. I was too scared to buy half the PSP games I wanted to get simply because there is not any direct feed footage online, and so I was not sure what I was getting myself into.

* A Movie Store - Think about it. Something like Netflix perhaps or a aspect of PSN where you actually buy full films and own them. For example, like with the iOS app store. Considering the Vita has a lovely big OLED screen it is a shame that Sony have not really taken advantage of this.

* New/Customisable Menu Interface - I don't think there is anyone who likes the Vita's menu. Even the ugly 3DS' menu and the good old PSP cross-media-bar were far superior. It is not that it doesn't work, it just looks terribly ugly like some gimmicky, tacky kids toy. Why did Sony have to overcomplicate it, when all we needed were simple straight stacks of icons, not patterned wobbly icons. Bring back the custom themes of the PSP!

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

What features would you like to see on the vita? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
* Alternate Home Screen Music - after a while the lighthearted jazzy piano and calming ambiance gets a bit tedious. Would be nice if it had multiple system musics which you can choose from, or just have them shuffled.

* PSP Game Upscaling - let's face it, the games look a bit jaggy and nasty when stretched out to Vita's larger screen, yet the core games themselves actually look beautiful (especially if you look at how they are upscaled on a PC emulator). I believe they should be displayed in Vita's native resolution. It's not likely that they will do this, but it would be a great feature.

* A Movie Store - Think about it. Something like Netflix perhaps or a aspect of PSN where you actually buy full films and own them. For example, like with the iOS app store. Considering the Vita has a lovely big OLED screen it is a shame that Sony have not really taken advantage of this.

* New/Customisable Menu Interface - I don't think there is anyone who likes the Vita's menu. Even the ugly 3DS' menu and the good old PSP cross-media-bar were far superior. It is not that it doesn't work, it just looks terribly ugly like some gimmicky, tacky kids toy. Why did Sony have to overcomplicate it, when all we needed were simple straight stacks of icons, not patterned wobbly icons. Bring back the custom themes of the PSP!

You can turn the music off and play your own.

There's bilinear filtering for PSP games.

There is both Netflix and a Movie Store on the PS Vita (NA)

The bubbles wobble to prevent screen-burning.

I'd just like to see a short recording feature, and screencaps for PSP and PSone game (though those aren't worth it, considering all the copyright issues).
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Yeah but when you start up the Vita the music either automatically plays or it is silent. It would be nice to just start up and have a different piece of music playing.

Bilinear Filtering does not do a hell of a lot. It only smoothens it marginally.

I just realized there is a movie section! My bad :)

I don't mind the wobbliness so much were it not for the terrible layout.

I agree about the recording feature. Maybe certain games will implement this.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

What features would you like to see on the vita? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 am

A good Resistance game
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:38 am

i would like to be able to play music when playing psp games and ps minis. (muh tetris)

also screen capping for all game types would also be nice. its weird because you can even take screenshots in netflix.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Orion wrote:
A good Resistance game
You can play the PSP Resistance game... Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

What features would you like to see on the vita? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Orion wrote:
A good Resistance game
He said a GOOD Resistance game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Orion wrote:
A good Resistance game
He said a GOOD Resistance game.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/psp/resistance-retribution derp
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

What features would you like to see on the vita? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Well yeah, when you're stuck playing the PSP library, anything that isn't absolutely atrocious is gonna seem like a godsend by comparison.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

What features would you like to see on the vita? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Being able to switch PSP games to their original resolution.

81 doesn't seem all that bad for a resistance game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Well yeah, when you're stuck playing the PSP library, anything that isn't absolutely atrocious is gonna seem like a godsend by comparison.
Most it's games were underappreciated actually!

Crisis Core and Peace Walker should have ratings in the mid 90's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What features would you like to see on the vita?   What features would you like to see on the vita? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What features would you like to see on the vita?
Page 1 of 1