Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One DRM rumors return

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One DRM rumors return R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox One DRM rumors return Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Xbox One DRM rumors return Xbox_o10

Quote :
Xbox One DRM concerns appeared again over the weekend after one gamer got his paws on a console and copy of Call of Duty: Ghosts ahead of the machine’s November 22 launch. It was claimed that the shooter couldn’t be played offline, and Microsoft’s Albert Penello has now stepped in to address the matter.

Twitter user Moonlightswami was among a few gamers who received their Xbox One console early via US retail chain Target. He then took to his feed to discuss his experience with the device.

We reported on premature Xbox One sales through the link. Microsoft caught wind of the slip-up and then banned all consoles from Xbox Live temporarily as a precaution.

While the ban applied to Xbox Live online features, Moonlightswami found that he couldn’t play Call of Duty: Ghosts offline either:

Xbox One DRM rumors return Untitl11

Word of the issue spread to NeoGAF and Microsoft’s Albert Penello took to the boards to address concerns over offline play restrictions. “We still have two more weeks before launch – the console is in a pre-release state. We are doing regular updates – I personally took one a few minutes before he posted. His build is now old. This is why we were saying we didn’t want people on early – it’s not done yet.

“This behavior is only because we are in pre-release. When we launch, console will work exactly as you expect today on 360. For sure this has nothing to do with requiring a connection. There is no “DRM removal” in the Day One update because none of the consoles were ever built with that stuff in it. This also has nothing to do with COD. The Day One update just brings the SW up to date with the latest versions vs. what’s on the box. But there is no 24 check in, that’s for sure.”

It follows Penello’s admission that the Xbox One day one patch is not “really an optional thing.”

Time will tell if there are offline restrictions in place, but given Microsoft repeated affirmation that there aren’t, it seems like there should be no problem come launch.

What do you think?

Via OXM.
Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox One DRM rumors return TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 pm

sweet, love drm!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:14 pm

The DRM will not be back. Reread the article you posted, Mecha.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One DRM rumors return R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:18 pm

I never said the DRM will be back. The title says the DRM RUMORS returned.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
I never said the DRM will be back. The title says the DRM RUMORS returned.
It's kinda misleading. Rumors often imply a modicum of truth. In this case it's not since MS's lead guy confirmed that it isn't. 

Still pretty stupid that they banned him. It's 2 weeks from release, how old could the software possibly be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One DRM rumors return   Xbox One DRM rumors return I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One DRM rumors return
Page 1 of 1