Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO

Go down 
+4
The_Biotic_God
Mr Canai Spy
Bluenose
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO Empty
PostSubject: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Quote :
Earlier, it was reported that Ryse had faced a possible downgrade from 150k triangle count per character to 85k triangle count per character. Crytek’s CEO has confirmed this downgrade in a tweet adding that it was their own choice.

This confirmation came hot of the heels of the news that Ryse is not native 1080p and will run at 900p on Xbox One. Crytek CEO Yerli talked more about his game in an interview to VentureBeat. In this interview he said that they wanted to focus on a more cinematic experience for Ryse, bridging the gap between film and games. He also talks about the Triangle count per character which seems to have been downgraded from the earlier reported 150k to 85k.

You can see the original slide that showed the 150k triangle count below
Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO 5sQrRwJ

This new slide shows that the Triangle count has been downgraded
Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO Crytek-ryse

Once the news of the downgrade got out, Yerli took it to the twitter to confirm that Ryse was indeed downgraded as they had a choice of choosing either 85k models with better shading and no LOD or 150k with LOD. they choose the former over the latter. Read the tweet below

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO Donwwh

Ryse is the first game from Crytek that is being developed on the CryEngine 3.5. It looks stunning for sure but news like this about it being downgraded are not a good sign. Does this mean we can expect Ryse in full 1080p with all high details on a PC or it will be a Xbox One exclusive?

Stay tuned to GearNuke for latest info and news on this topic.
SOURCE: GEARNUKE
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Game looked better when it was Codename Kingdoms, thought it was going to take a medieval European theme, not Roman theme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Probably pushed for launch time, developers will get used to hardware soon enough
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:44 pm

It was not downgraded. They instead opted for more shader effects and less LOD models. The graphics will supposedly look better this way.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:21 pm

looks shitty
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:22 pm

They could have been onto something special with this game. It looks like a generic, TPP, action game when they could have went for an RPG in a the mould of The Witcher 2.

Now, in saying that, if it turns out like Shadow of Rome, well I'll be well jell.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Just because something is CHANGED doesn't mean it's worse.
Why do you think they chose those options in the first place? To make the game look worse?

Come on guys.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I would still like to play it.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Looks way better with shaders
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm

It's censored (sexy time) in the US, according to one of the devs.

And it looks fucking great, I'm well and truly jelly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO   Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryse downgrade officially confirmed by Crytek CEO
Page 1 of 1