Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Mecha
The Enkindler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:02 am

Quote :
Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots Xbox_one_58927
One way gamers have been able to gauge what the turnout of the console war will be like this holiday season is by using polls from various outlets and sources. Just about every poll out there favors the PlayStation 4 over the Xbox One since the polls went live in May... until now.

It's been discovered that the global twitter poll that original showcased how much people hated the Xbox One (when it had the original DRM policies) has now drastically changed, with Gamesided reporting on the fact that bots are now padding the Xbox One votes in the America territories to give an edge to Microsoft's console. You can see the new results in the image below.
Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots _1378674652

The blue represents the poll votes from around the world for the PlayStation 4, where-as the green represents the poll votes from the around the world for the Xbox One.

As you can clearly see, the United States shows a disproportionate gain over a short period of time. In fact, the Xbox One now leads the PS4 in the U.S., by a 60/40 margin. You can see it in the image below.
Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots _1378674673

If you think that the poll moved over organically; that maybe gamers in the U.S., changed their minds after all the Xbox 180 maneuvers, think again.

Gamesided, 4Chan and several other websites noticed a discrepancy in the Twitter votes and who they were coming from, with some accounts continually spamming in favor of the Xbox One, over and over and over again, with the bots adding more than 9000 votes over a short period of time to pad the numbers. Upon further investigation, the Twitter handles turned out to be dummy accounts, as you can see in the image below:
Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots _1378675054

Originally, many fanboys kept saying that the entire world was vote-gaming in favor of the PS4, and that's why Amazon shutdown their E3 sponsored poll early... an E3 sponsorship bought and paid for by Microsoft, as reported by PS4 Daily.

Of course, all the PS4 polls reflected gamer sentiment across every video game community in the world: Everyone hated the Xbox One and its DRM policies. They were voting with their wallets.

Not only did the polls reflect what people felt about the situation, but so did pre-orders, with the PS4 ranking as one of the top selling consoles of the year, shortly after pre-orders opened on Amazon, as well as ranking as one of the top-selling items on pre-order lists for major outlets and retailers the world around. In addition to this, Sony revealed that the PS4 has already garnered more than a million pre-orders worldwide and Gamestop has 1.5 million gamers on standby to be notified about their pre-order.

Compounded with the embarrassing showing at E3 using high-end Windows 7 PCs to showcase a lot of the games on the Xbox One, this is a sad and pathetic display that only further hurts the image of the Xbox One. Obviously it was done in an attempt to bolster the prestige of Microsoft's new console, despite the fact that the console is just trailing behind Sony's PS4 on just about every front, including the amount of games it will have, indie support, hardware performance, pre-orders and general appeal.

But as the old adage goes: Cheaters never prosper... unless you're a banker on Wall Street.
SOURCE: CinemaBlend

Uh oh, someone must REALLY love the Xbox One to do all this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 am

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots Fail-d10
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 3:57 pm

What I find to be more odd is the fact that Saudi Arabia had voted the most, more then any other country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm

^^

Dem arabs.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:59 am

I'm not surprised. Microsoft are in full damage control.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Nah, the Xbox One is just that good, man.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Those bots are a testament to the power of the Xbox cloud.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Those bots are a testament to the power of the Xbox cloud.
They're NASA bots powered by rocket science.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Just cause ..

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots IbzG4p2WboFlCL

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Stoney wrote:
Just cause ..

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots IbzG4p2WboFlCL

That is really sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots   Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Caught Cheating In Twitter Poll, Gains 60% Of Votes With Bots
Page 1 of 1