Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth Empty
PostSubject: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 7:13 am

First of all : Sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't totaly sure where to put this.

Well there is this show made by Rooster Teeth that I've seen pop up on my Youtube account. I've only seen like 5 seconds of it prior of watching it yesterday. And I didn't intend to watch it, because the visuals are kinda repulsive at first.
But then I thought "Fuck it, I'm bored anyways".

And this really got me by surprise. The show features 5-12 minute episodes, 6 of them so far that you can watch in HD on RoosterTeeths website .
Link : http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=7872&v=more  

The story so far is about Ruby Rose (mc) enrolling into an academy that will teach the students how to become professional Hunters of soulless monsters and stuff that threatens the peace of the world. Some of it reminds me of Soul Eater, at least the setting does.

Voice Acting is good for most of the main characters, though some of the side characters are a bit off (I'm looking at you random black suit mafia guy). The music is really really great thus far in my opinion.

Greatest catch is the visual style of the series. The 3D-Models used for kinda everything in the series may be strange, but on the plus side they make for very consistent and fast paced action scenes. And they did a fantastic job with the weapon designs. This series has some crazy shit to offer, like a transformable sniper-scythe, a pistol-whip-sword or or a  dust(magic stuff)-powered rapier. And they look absolutely awesome in action.

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth Rwby_motivation_poster_by_dustiniz117-d5kxio9

Soooooo is anyone else watching this ? What do you think Razz?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 pm

toxic posted about this LOOOOOOOONG time ago.

might give it a watch
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Well i used the search function of the forum and it didn't show me anything. The show itself started in Juli, so I think it wasn't more than a trailer if it really was that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:56 pm

http://www.g7gaming.net/t5750-new-roosterteeth-series-coming-out-in-2013#76037

>Thu 08 Nov 2012, 13:46

Razz 

yeah, ive known about it for a while. will def watch an ep or two.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Sounds interesting, will give it a watch.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Do people like this unironically? Because the youtube video for the first episode has over 60,000 likes, and it's probably the biggest piece of dog shit on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm

<----- I like it. Instead of just flaming though, how about you explain why you think it's bad ? I mean I can understand why people wouldn't like this, but I didn't expect people to not even understand what's charming/interesting about it.

I think the biggest part is the mindset. I went into this with pretty low expectations since it's low budget and all. But I was pleasantly surprised and am now watching the new episode every week.

I already kinda explained my stance on several of the pros and cons in my first post.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:43 am

Shit writing, plot and dialogue, shit voice acting and everything else. It's fucking awful in every conceivable way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth   RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RWBY - Animated Series by Rooster Teeth
Page 1 of 1