Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Far Cry 4 Confirmed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Far Cry 4 Confirmed Empty
PostSubject: Far Cry 4 Confirmed   Far Cry 4 Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/more-details-on-far-cry-4-soon-says-ubisoft-6411369

Ubisoft has promised to reveal more details about a new Far Cry game soon.   Ubisoft says it will reveal more on the future of Far Cry  Ubisoft says it will reveal more on the future of Far Cry "soon." Speaking to GameSpot, Ubisoft senior vice president of marketing and sales Tony Key said that the commercial and critical success of Far Cry 3 has ensured a sequel. "We’re totally psyched from [Far Cry 3]. It’s a great brand, and now it’s got the recognition it deserves, so we’re clearly going to make another one: more on that soon."  Far Cry 3 launched in late 2012, and was developed primarily by Ubisoft Montreal. The open-world FPS was set on a tropical island and revolved around its protagonist, Jason Brody, becoming increasingly unhinged after his friends are kidnapped by pirates. GameSpot awarded the game a 9.0 in its review.  Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, a digital, 80s themed spin-off, was released earlier this year to further sales success. And an entry for a Far Cry HD, with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 platforms specified, popped up in a Brazilian classification listing (spotted by VG Leaks) back in May.  Key also spoke about the current appetite for the open-world genre, saying that he believes today's gamers want fewer linear experiences. Many of Ubisoft's current releases incorporate elements of open world into their design, with Key saying that "I think open world can represent the future of, you know, gaming, and that’s where we’re investing huge portions of our resources--because we believe that that is what consumers want."  "They don’t want linear; they want open [world]," he continued. While Key did add that "there’s always going to be a place for linear experiences," he said Ubisoft was particularly capable at making large-scale, open-ended games.  Finally, Key told anyone hoping for a new Prince of Persia title on consoles to remain patient. "Prince of Persia, it’s got a really strong legacy with Ubisoft and it’s still there. We have nothing to announce, but, you know, we haven’t sold it off or given it away, so be patient. I know that’s hard!" wrote:

[quote=""We're clearly going to make another one," says Ubisoft marketing manager."][/quote]

Old news, but it hasn't been posted yet on G7 so I made this thread. Razz 

Far Cry 3 was fucking awesome and such a great game. Even its spinoff, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, was great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Far Cry 4 Confirmed R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 4 Confirmed   Far Cry 4 Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Never played Far Cry before
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 4 Confirmed   Far Cry 4 Confirmed I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 pm

I didn't play FC3, but Blood Dragon was a LOT of fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Far Cry 4 Confirmed   Far Cry 4 Confirmed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Far Cry 4 Confirmed
Page 1 of 1