Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make Empty
PostSubject: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 am

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make Dragons-Crown-JPN-Launch-Art-280x301
Quote :
Dragon’s Crown might still be two weeks away from North American shores, but it’s available at retailers starting today in Japan. And to commemorate the game’s release, VanillaWare founder and lead artist George Kamitani has taken to Twitter with some new artwork and information.

“Dragon’s Crown is actually the first title our company has developed that has gone over the 100 million yen (around one million dollars) wall in costs,” he said. “I’m very thankful to have met the release date without problems.”

The Atlus-published action RPG is due out for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita on August 6 in North America and this fall in Europe.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/07/dragons-crown-vanillawares-most-expensive-project

>Vanillaware makes a game
>Sells 500,000 copies
>Everyone throws a party over how well it's sold and how profitable is
>Game is critically adored both by reviewers and consumers

>Square Enix makes a game
>Sells 3.6 million copies (Hitman Absolution)
>Game is deemed a massive commercial failure and is written off as a loss
>Game is shit
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm

I knew it! Rambo works for Square Enix.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:11 pm

dont SE games cost like one bajillion dollars to make?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Shigdig wrote:
dont SE games cost like one bajillion dollars to make?

Tomb Raider, you know that linear action adventure game with awesome set pieces? That cost $100m overall. Uncharted 2 cost $20m and was the much better game, looked like it had higher production vales, better voice acting, better graphics (consoles), better set pieces etc etc etc.

Square Enix don't know how to budget a game. Much like EA. $100m ALONE on marketing for Battlefield 3. WTF!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:49 pm

and then they complain about muh used games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Holy fuck! Tomb Raider cost $100 million to make? O_o

That's crazy. That's like Hollywood blockbuster kind of money.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:06 am

Apparently Metro: Last Light didn't cost much to developed as well. I think their budget was only 10% of what EA pours into their AA & AAA titles.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Padders wrote:
Apparently Metro: Last Light didn't cost much to developed as well. I think their budget was only 10% of what EA pours into their AA & AAA titles.

You have to take into consideration that in Europe, primarily Eastern, the salary of devs is much lower. For example, a programmers salary, on average, n America would be $100k yet in EE it would probably be around 45-50k if that.

Like The Witcher 2 cost €10m to develop, and it's vastly superior to many games out there today and most probably the best wRPG on the market.

The Witcher 3 will cost CDProjekt an estimated €25m to develop, including marketing. That game is going to be immense. The game world is 35 times that of TW2.

I love me some CDPR.

Last edited by Stoney on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 25m not 45m)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make   Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon’s Crown only cost one million dollars to make
Page 1 of 1