Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013

Go down 
+2
Mecha
Archduke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Paying-Third-Party-Publishers-to-Not-Show-PS4-Games-at-E3-2013-Report-359264.shtml

Original source comes from Neogaf.

Quote :
Microsoft is allegedly paying many third-party publishers so that they won't show off their PlayStation 4 games at E3 2013, according to a new report.

E3 2013, the most important games convention out there, is set to begin next week, and both Microsoft and Sony are expected to focus heavily on their next-gen consoles, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, respectively.

In order to gain the upper hand on Sony, Microsoft is apparently resorting to some unorthodox practices, like paying a lot of money to third-party publishers so that they won't show their PlayStation 4 games either on stage or at their actual booths.

The report arrives from a source on NeoGAF, which posted a lot of true rumors in the past, so it's possible that Microsoft really is resorting to such tactics ahead of E3 2013.

The company emphasized that at the event it's going to focus only on games for the Xbox One, so it could try to create a false sense that more games are coming to Xbox One than PS4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:24 pm

=/

The gaming industry can be worse than Hollywood sometimes.

If Microsoft is trying to hide the fact that they have no exclusives, then they don't deserve to win next-gen. At least the Wii had exclusives, despite it's technical limitations.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 pm

I call bullshit on this.

No one would be this dumb to do that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Is this what they call "killing Sony"?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

its not really "killing sony"

more like "OH GAWD PLEASE DONT SHOW YOUR GAMES AND THEIR CONFERENCE"
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:35 pm

lol this is sad.

They are acting just like Sony was in 2006.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Teckno wrote:
lol this is sad.

At least Sony never hired people to pretend to be fans online, or pay publishers to withhold exclusives from E3.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Teckno wrote:
lol this is sad.

At least Sony never hired people to pretend to be fans online, or pay publishers to withhold exclusives from E3.

True, they are acting much worse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013   Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Microsoft Paying Third-Party Publishers to Not Show PS4 Games at E3 2013
Page 1 of 1