Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Generation 7 Update

Go down 
+15
Mikenuge
Based Sonji
Stigma
2Sugoi2Die
Dam_Noir
Azazel
yonny616
thebigmike1983
Jack the Spectre
Gutzahn
Mr Canai Spy
Mecha
Orc
Orion
Bluenose
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Generation 7 Update Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:41 pm

I am in the midst of talking with Valkyrie forum to come back to Generation 7.

The conditions are that Reaper and The Enkindler will have adminship equal standing with me and that Mecha will have to leave. If they agree, they will all come back here and our forums will merge just in time for E3.

I want to get your opinions on this so discuss and feel free to ask any questions.

Nothing has been reached yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Generation 7 Update TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Mecha should stay, that's dumb. Majority of the forum wants.him to stay, only shoe, reaper, ccp/bio and franko want him gone. This forum also has all of our posts and it would be a waste to leave.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 pm

I have mixed feelings about this.

I love our community a lot and i don't want to lose anyone let alone half of the forum so i'd be willing to merge, though i think they're being way too harsh on Mecha. I can understand their reasoning but to make such a fuss and decision over someone we've despite our disagreements known for such a long time isn't something i can agree with.

I propose that we merge the two forums but with the Valkyrie name and design, personally i feel like the design and name looks much more fresh and updated for a new gaming generation, but keep all the threads and such from Generation 7 so they won't go lost.

As for Mecha i don't know, personally i find it kinda irrational to demand him to be banned.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this.

I love our community a lot and i don't want to lose anyone let alone half of the forum so i'd be willing to merge, though i think they're being way too harsh on Mecha. I can understand their reasoning but to make such a fuss and decision over someone we've despite our disagreements known for such a long time isn't something i can agree with.

As for Mecha i don't know, personally i find it kinda irrational to demand him to be banned.

I absolutely agree, but they have a stubborn attitude when it comes to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:01 pm

Honestly Mecha's not an issue to me. I like the guy. It's only occasionally when he spams and doesn't contribute maturely that it's an issue. To be honest I just wanted to start anew.

I don't like G7's name, I don't like G7's background/theme, I don't like G7's rules (or lack of, in places), I don't like that most the staff come from a similar time zone so there's sometimes no members of staff online when I think there should always be at least one, mod or admin. And when they are on they don't always do their job. I am still coming back when there's interesting stuff going on. But it is nice to see a whole new forum take off.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Generation 7 Update R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey, if they want me gone, then I'll be happy to leave. But it's kinda sad seeing Teckno being Reaper and Sheo's bitch in his own forum, even after what they did.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Simple vote i think the majority will want mecha to stay
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Generation 7 Update R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:18 pm

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Simple vote i think the majority will want mecha to stay

I think the majority would rather have Reaper and Sheo instead.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Banning Mecha under this conditions is just Bs.
We shouldn't ban people just because someone doesn't like him. Thats not fair. we should ban people that disrupt the peace here in a major way, or that constantly insult others over nothing. I don't know what Mecha did, but I never witnessed him doing anything bad. I don't really care about the admin stuff though.

I have no idea how this grudge started, but I don't think that this will be a fitting measure to resolve the issue. Here is what I think we could do :

We could have a semi-reset for the new Gen :
We work out a well defined set of rules everyone can agree one (should be common sense).
If they are trustworthy and capable, make them admins and work together.
Remove ALL warnings and bans, so everyone starts out with the same warning level.
Change the name to G8 at some point.
People get over the past and try to erase their grudges for now.
Everyone who insults or trolls others in a bad way gets a clear warning, and if they keep trolling and doing shit they get a timed, and then a perma ban.

So everyone starts out fresh, and if someone still can't get over it he can enjoy a ban.

If this doesn't work out, the forum(s) will die anyway. So get over the past and try again or accept the death of this community.

This isn't even serious buisness. Ignore people that annoy you, and if they make it impossible and spam you with shit that's probably ban worthy anyways.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:39 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Listen to Gutzy-chan!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Generation 7 Update XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Jesus Christ, I argue with Mecha all the fucking time but I still like the guy. There's no need for people to be sensitive over video games and movies; we're supposed to have fun discussing them, so when I call Mecha a fucking moron whose parents should've been more keen on birth control, I'm saying that because I'm having fun exploring my inner douche and not because I hate the guy. My God, it's just pathetic that there even is any "drama" on an Internet forum. We're all supposed to be buds, and even when I say I hate someone I love them.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:59 pm

I think recombining the groups by losing a member is a pretty shitty new start. Why not give him a chance then warn/ban him to hell and back if he fucks up (again?). And that should go for everyone. Seems like a lot of threads either get derailed or turn into calling people fags a lot, so make enforcing the rules we already have a top priority for the new admins/mods.

Also Gutzahn has some damn good points.

Last edited by thebigmike1983 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:00 pm

In some ways, Mecha is my favorite person here.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:02 pm

This my friends, is called logic.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Jesus Christ, I argue with Mecha all the fucking time but I still like the guy. There's no need for people to be sensitive over video games and movies; we're supposed to have fun discussing them, so when I call Mecha a fucking moron whose parents should've been more keen on birth control, I'm saying that because I'm having fun exploring my inner douche and not because I hate the guy. My God, it's just pathetic that there even is any "drama" on an Internet forum. We're all supposed to be buds, and even when I say I hate someone I love them.

Thats also fine, as long as people understand, that you are just joking with them, so you shouldn't do that with newbies xD
And when I see Lykos and other peps calling people fags, I kinda always assumed, that it's just for fun on the webz so I din't care too much after some time ^^.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Generation 7 Update PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:35 pm

If those are the only terms, then fuck it. Mecha posts 48% of the content on G7 (Fact, just check the statistics). If they seem to have their panties in a bunch because of Mecha, then they need to grow up and realize this is the internet. Mecha getting banned is unreasonable and a way to see how much Teckno is willing to bend over backwards to accommodate them.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Generation 7 Update 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:15 pm

It is as I said multiple times, this forum is like a family with Stockholm syndrome, we can't ban anyone for that long.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 pm

You know what? I don't care what the verdict is. Im staying at G7, it seems all most people want is some new pizzaz in the design anyway. Call it Valkyrie or Gen 8 and redesign or whatever. Im staying here, seems the majority of you area and so is mecha.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 7:51 pm

Personally I don't mind Mecha, I've rarely argued with him but I can see how some people may take him the wrong way. Even when he does say something ridiculous it's just Mecha being, well Mecha.

Personally I've felt this place had started to stagnate a little as of late but that is also down to the fact we are currently experiencing the end of a gaming generation blues before next gen starts so that can't be levelled at the community as a whole.

Hearing word of the Valkyrie forum and checking it out seemed to rekindle my interest in this community and I watched that place evolve over several days mainly down to the amount of effort Sheo has put into the CSS and design of the site.

As it stands i'm happy to help with the Valkyrie forum the best I can simply because I have spent many a hour chatting to Reaper over a game of BF3 and he's like a Scottish version of myself in many respects. In no way is it down to any individual member here as far as i'm concerned.

I hope something can be arranged so we can all have a fresh start to see in the 8th generation in gaming, if not then I will continue to visit this place to see how you guys are doing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Lets make one thing clear, i don't think i or anyone here, "hates" anyone from valkyrie. Yes, that includes Sheo and Reaper. But speaking for myself, i dont hate anyone on the internet. I do think that reaper and sheo (and maybe a few other people) took things way too seriously. So i made fun of them, just like i would to anyone else. That doesn't mean i consider them my "enemies" or that i dont like them.

i really enjoy the forum and everyone on it. so i hope reaper and teckno come to some kind of agreement, without needing to ban mecha.

what i will agree with reaper on, is that this forum needs a new name/ layout.

i really hope we can resolve this by the time E3 rolls around, as its going to be one of the last weeks i am going to be able to come here regularly. so i hope we can all watch E3 together.

Generation 7 Update 1359010257526
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Generation 7 Update StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:34 pm

It was quite sad that the circle has split into two groups over ones personal dislike of another member. Yes I had run ins with Mecha myself but that doesn't mean I want to see him banned soon after.

I have no issues with anyone who joined Valkyrie.

Last edited by Padders on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Why should they get admin status? They don't even deserve to be mods anymore. They were planning to delete as much as they could here. Let them come back as regular members if they want, but don't agree to any conditions with them. People come and go, that's just how forums are, it's not going to die just because a couple of people leave.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 pm

"Foes are members whose messages will not be visible and who won't be able to send you Private Messages or post on your Wall."

People need to learn2forum.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 pm

You guys are acting like this is even an issue. They wanted to leave, let them leave. We don't NEED them here, and if they wanna come back, fine. I couldn't care less; it's just a forum.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:42 am

Alright, I'm gonna throw my two cents in on this one. Most of us have known each other for upwards of two years. It may sound silly, but shit, we are friends. We don't know all that much about each other, but somehow, through some stroke of insane luck, we've managed to stick together. We talk shit about each other, but we don't mean it half the time. It's only natural that people get annoyed with each other.

The way I see it, Mecha hasn't broken any glaring rules that require a permanent banning. Though I am in favor with Gutz' will to start fresh once the new generation really gets going. This entire situation is fucking dumb.

Like Jack said, we all get mad at Mecha. The dude is a fucking retard sometimes, but at the end of the day, he's somehow managed to tag along for this 2+ year ride.

This community has evolved past a regular gaming forum. I don't see many forums having a community like this. We'll figure something out, but I'm against banning someone for no fucking reason other than he's annoying.

I don't have a problem with anyone who left to Valkyrie or whatever, save for maybe Sheo (sorry dude, the way you went about this is fucking dumb). Reaper is still an awesome dude, just like everyone else over there. Should we merge, I don't condone letting Sheo return as an admin, though I am in favor of Reaper stepping in.

Also, you're kidding yourselves if you think we're adopting that dumbass name Generation 7 Update 725796345

Last edited by God Jennings on Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generation 7 Update   Generation 7 Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Generation 7 Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next