Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Used games blocked?

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Mecha
Stoney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Used games blocked?  Empty
PostSubject: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Quote :
Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.

Read more ; http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:45 pm

:areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Used games blocked?  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:52 pm

No wonder EA is all over Microsoft's dick.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Want to lend a game to a friend? He gotta pay and he gotta have an internet connection, wanna let your bro play on your console on his account? He gotta pay. Wanna play your games when MS turn the servers off? You can't.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

That's fucking ridiculous and is indefensible. All this news about the Xbox should be hyping us up but instead its just making us more cynical to this shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 4:41 pm

This is a very idiotic decision.
Paying a fee to play a game you own at a friend's console?
WTF?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:13 pm

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Quote :
But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

CONFIRMED!! If you want to bring a game over to a friends house, YOU HAVE TO RE BUY THE GAME FOR $60!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm

IT IS OFFICIAL

I AM GETTING A PS-QUADRUPLE
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:26 pm

http://uk.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/

Look at this. Well done Microsoft, can't wait to see the official poll results. lol

I'd probably piss myself laughing if Sony did the same come E3. Used games blocked?  725796345

And then I'd cry because I wouldn't buy either. Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm

Portugal, Albania, Montengro, Sri Lanka, and Qatar. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF THE QUADRUPLEZ!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Everyone is saying they wanna build a PC now.

Well isn't this convenient Used games blocked?  2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Used games blocked?  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Stoney wrote:
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

Quote :
But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

CONFIRMED!! If you want to bring a game over to a friends house, YOU HAVE TO RE BUY THE GAME FOR $60!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Used games blocked?  Wtf-is10
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Stoney wrote:

Quote :

This is bullshit to the highest level!!
Way to shoot yourselves in the foot, Microsoft...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Stoney wrote:

Quote :

Used games blocked?  JiFfM
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Stoney wrote:

Quote :

Jesus Christ Used games blocked?  1443829230

Quote :
But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.

They are even attempting to make money off of people who want to sell their games. Gamestop must be so pissed right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Used games blocked?    Used games blocked?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Used games blocked?
Page 1 of 1