Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review

Go down 
+5
NoelX2
Chobo
Archduke
Bluenose
Pein
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review Empty
PostSubject: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 am

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics in the game are amazing,every characters looks awesome and the enviroments in this game are absolutely mindblowing,every stage from the first 3 mortal kombat games are remade and it looks fucking awesome,the creepy looking shadow priest at the "Tower" stage..goro's lair,kahn's colosseum etc..there's a lot of stages in the game and it's made awesome..i can't freaking say anything but the graphics are perfect

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay in mortal kombat is awesome.there's the fighting with punches,kicks and throws mixed with throwing projectiles and special moves for every character.every character in this game is different,scorpion and sub zero aren't palete swaps like in the first game same with reptile,ermac and noob saibot.
there's the usual ladder which you fight ten opponents to get the ending for the character..my only little gripe with the gameplay is that SHAO KAHN IS FUCKING CHEAP..
holy shit.there's moments that you can punch him and take away some of his energy but he won't react that he is hit and will continue pummeling you,not to mention that he can kick your ass in 10 seconds if you don't pay attention at all.other than shao kahn being extremely cheap,the gameplay in mortal kombat is close to perfection

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
this is the best,most balanced (not including shao kahn) fighting game ever made..there's characters from the first 3 mortal kombat games with quan chi but he first appeared in mk4 but that doesn't matter and kenshi is going to appear as dlc which i can't wait.i haven't even touched the story mode because there's soo many stuff in this game,the challenge tower is one of the best features in any fighting game,if you can't beat a challenge,you can just skip it if you have enough coins,i haven't beaten the challenge tower because its really long and some challenges are difficult,i haven't touched the online yet, and i read in a article that the online is "really lag free",i barely bought stuff in the krypt and its way bigger than the krypt in armageddon and more fun and there's stuff like nekropolis which you can see the stuff you bought from the krypt and unlock alternate fatalites,babalities and alternate costumes for the characters..this is the best game for 2011 so far

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:MORTAL KOMBAT GETS A..
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:25 am

I found it boring if you play it by yourself. Versus option is the only thing that makes it for me.

-Based on demo.

Last edited by Teckno on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:31 am

Is this a demo review? Because the game is supposed to come out in 19 april....
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Is this a demo review? Because the game is supposed to come out in 19 april....
i got it early dude..my friend works at a store,they got the game friday,but i got it yesterday
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm

I will mortal kombat your face off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Question: is Kratos an overpowered charecter? That is, if you got the PS3 version.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Question: is Kratos an overpowered charecter? That is, if you got the PS3 version.
no i got the 360 version.ps3 versions are coming tomorrow,it was some kind of mistake with the shipping and stuff but i wanted the ps3 version for kratos,i was a bit dissapointed but hey at least i got the game
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:50 pm

I want that game. Lucky that you get games early. Does your friend charge you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

half the price actually,although sometimes he gives them free,but if his boss is there,he gives me half the price,oh and the game is incredibly amazing,best fighting game ever made in my opinion,although the story might piss off people who are fan of some characters but i won't spoil,lets just say that there's going to be a sequel with the boss from mk4
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:12 am

Pein wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

half the price actually,although sometimes he gives them free,but if his boss is there,he gives me half the price,oh and the game is incredibly amazing,best fighting game ever made in my opinion,although the story might piss off people who are fan of some characters but i won't spoil,lets just say that there's going to be a sequel with the boss from mk4

You obviously have never played many fighting games if you think this is the best fighting game ever....

Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:34 am

Sonji wrote:
Pein wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

You obviously have never played many fighting games if you think this is the best fighting game ever....

have you played this game? trust me dude..i have played most of the fighting games that have been released and no street fighter was never and never will be better than mortal kombat in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:45 am

Quote :
..i can't freaking say anything but the graphics are perfect

:disapproval:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:17 pm

I got a chance to try it out at the midnight launch last night (my friend dragged me there for Portal 2, but the whole store was decorated with Mortal Kombat stuff).

It's pretty damn fun and all of the characters seem balanced, but the graphics are far from perfect and I don't think this game even comes close to being the best fighting game ever made.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:45 pm

TRF wrote:
I got a chance to try it out at the midnight launch last night (my friend dragged me there for Portal 2, but the whole store was decorated with Mortal Kombat stuff).

It's pretty damn fun and all of the characters seem balanced, but the graphics are far from perfect and I don't think this game even comes close to being the best fighting game ever made.

experience everything in the game and i think you probably like it as much i like it..the fighting is awesome,the characters are amazing and the story is surprisingly interesting,the online is great,the krypt,the nekropolis and the challenge tower are breathtaking,this is the best fighting game for me
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Pein wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Pein wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

have you played this game? trust me dude..i have played most of the fighting games that have been released and no street fighter was never and never will be better than mortal kombat in my opinion

This is coming from a huge MK fan. I've played nearly every one to date and I plan on playing this one. Nothing will ever top SFIIT
Back to top Go down
ashketchumistheverybest
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
ashketchumistheverybest

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:28 pm

kind of an amatuer review?
you didn't really get into depth and detail about the games positives and negatives.
this is more like a summary with scores
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:34 pm

TRF wrote:
but the graphics are far from perfect

I could tell that from screenshots.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
but the graphics are far from perfect

I could tell that from screenshots.
I think the gameplay looks decent but you get into the cutscenes and it's just muddy and ugly. It honestly looks like an early-gen game.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Lykos wrote:
Quote :

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:49 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Quote :

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Quote :

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Quote :

:disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval: :disapproval:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Well this thread has gone down.. Locked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Kombat (2011) Review   Mortal Kombat (2011) Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Kombat (2011) Review
Page 1 of 1