Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread Empty
PostSubject: Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread   Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Video games contain many secrets, easter eggs, references and some very interesting stories from a game early design to the final product and years after its released. In this thread, post any any video game easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia. Feel free to source them from other site.

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread 230px-Casshan Casshan/Casshern
The influence of Casshern can be seen in various video games. Starting with the third game, Mega Man featured a dog partner which could transform into different vehicles. The entirety of the Megaman X series story is closely based on Casshern. The design and background of its main antagonist, Sigma, also closely resembles Braiking Boss. Also, In Viewtiful Joe, the protagonist's outfit bears a strong resemblance along with the V shaped headpiece and the retractable mask. The character M. Bison from Street Fighter II also bears a strong resemblance to Braiking Boss. In Metal Gear Solid 4, Raiden wears a bio-suit and fights with a sword which can discharge electric energy. In the trailer for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Raiden is also accompanied by a robot dog.

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread Vanquish-sega-new-screens-11Vanquish
In Vanquish, developed by Platinum Games, the art style is based on Casshern. In one of the boss fights the main character drills through a robot by spinning in place at high speed, similar to Casshern. Concerning the game's development, director Shinji Mikami is quoted as saying: "I was inspired by Casshern, so I wanted to make a game like that. If I went ahead and made the exact game I wanted, it probably would have been like Casshern, where you punch and kick the entire way through. But obviously if it were a game with only punching and kicking, I already did that with God Hand. So, I'm done with that, something else now. So this time he wanted to make a game where you defeat robots with guns. So now, you're going at it with guns, but he wanted to make sure the feeling of speed is still there, that was really important to him, so that's why he introduced the element of the sliding boost." In addition, the protagonist of Vanquish has a facemask that periodically comes off to show his human side, much like Casshern himself. According to one of the game's character modelers, Yoshifumi Hattori, a support robotic companion dog was designed to fight along with the main character, including transforming into ability enhancing armor. Although this dog was successfully modeled, it was cut from the finalized version of the game, along with another female android partner character.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casshan
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread   Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Easter eggs, references, secrets, facts & trivia thread
Page 1 of 1