Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720

Go down 
+4
Orion
The Enkindler
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:23 am

Quote :
Rumors of what Microsoft’s next-generation console will look, sound and play like have been swirling for months now, but the possible feature that’s elicited the most discussion has been its always-online nature. The gaming community has been clearly upset over the yet-to-be-seen future of the Xbox, and Microsoft Studios’ Creative Director Adam Orth has heard just about enough of it all.
The recent hubbub from Kotaku about how players will need an internet connection just to start up a game sparked outrage. Discussion on whether or not moving to this style of connectivity would be viable found its way to Twitter, which led to Orth voicing his own opinions. A member of NeoGaf found the best ones.

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 MScreativeTweet1

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 MScreativeTweet2

For something that’s not yet confirmed, it’s strange to see a Microsoft employee defending the concept. Once again, we won’t know if any of these rumors are true until the Durango is shown, but things are really starting to heat up for this unannounced console.
What do you think about Orth’s comments? Should he have taken to Twitter? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!

Seriously? These are like the worst analogies you could ever make. I swear to god hope that this is some stupid joke or else this pretty much confirms always online. Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:32 am

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 Gundam10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:29 am

I think MS are just trolling you guys. No way they're this fucking dumb. No. Fucking. Way.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:36 am

The trolling alone makes me unwilling to trust MS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 am

Watch the whole video. Trust me.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Maybe he should stop playing games and whining and do some fucking exercise
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 35735011

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 35735110

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 35735210
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:09 pm

wht a sassy bitch, give me 5 minutes alone with him and he will be crying and changing his tunes
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 3tpont11
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Mecha wrote:

:lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:08 pm

LOL! He set his account to private.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adam_orth
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:35 pm

What an arsehole. Sure, it won't effect me, Sony for me next gen. :DD
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:44 pm

You'd think Microsoft would of told him to shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Microsoft's response to Adam Orth's comments

Quote :
Microsoft has responded to the tweets, via its PR firm, with the following statement given to GI International:

“We are aware of the comments made by an employee on Twitter. This person is not a spokesperson for Microsoft, and his personal views are not reflective of those of the company. We have not made any announcements about our product roadmap, and have no further comment on this matter.”

A reveal of Microsoft’ new console is expected soon. Rumours of its always-on Internet requirement have cropped up at least three times.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:37 pm

http://www.quickmeme.com/Always-Online-Adam-Orth/?upcoming
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:06 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
http://www.quickmeme.com/Always-Online-Adam-Orth/?upcoming
Who would have known that a few careless tweets would have made the guy into a meme.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:40 pm

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/adam-orths-always-on-twitter-gaffe
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 am

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 Connec10
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 am

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:46 am

Oh My Fucking God. I am dying! This shit is hilarious! Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478

But seriously, what a fucking jerk. :fuckthat:

Mecha wrote:

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 725796345 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 725796345 Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 725796345

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Mecha wrote:

Holy shit people get on this quick. LOL
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:00 am

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 63d
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:59 am

^ Hahaha, This shit is pure gold! Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 457301478
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:43 pm

According to a user on Reddit he used to work with Adam Orth at Fox Interactive, said that he'd only answer to the name "Sweet Billy" and if you called him otherwise, he'd basically ignore you or be a total prick.

Someone then did a bit of detective work on NeoGaf and found out Adam Orth had an account of said website under the name "sweet billy". He sounds like a fucking mong. I'd seriously consider not buying a NextBox just out of spite. But if Edge, VGLeaks etc rumours are true, which they usually are, I won't be buying one regardless.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:29 pm

This is now the official Adam Orth bashing thread.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720   Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft studios creatie director defends always online xbox 720
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next