Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4

Go down 
+7
Stoney
Stigma
Chobo
Bluenose
Mr Canai Spy
Mecha
The Enkindler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am

Quote :
You think you’re tired of seeing ladies with Xbox controllers. How do you think Sony feels?

Sony Group CEO Andrew House shared the company’s desire to allure more than just gamers with the PlayStation 4. He told Sun City:

I think the key is to have people — and increasingly women — with different sensibilities creating different games. It is not all about shoot ’em up games.

He added more to the mix:

The key is getting games developers — who are going to make the next Angry Birds — excited about the PS4. And they are.

If you look at the PS4′s confirmed launch library there is a heavy dose of titles that would appeal to the young male crowd; games such as Killzone: Shadow Fall, Deep Down and a console port of Diablo III. Then there’s The Witness and Knack. That’s really not enough to attract a sizable casual audience, especially if the console is going to be in the neighborhood of $399 to $499.

Lately, Sony has been hitting its stride with indie games, particularly with the Vita. Indie developers are finding out that Sony makes the publishing process favorable. This in-turn has broadened the appeal of PlayStation products in the past couple years. These games offer quick entertainment and a low price point that make the buying decision an easier process for those who might not play games all the time. Considering this has benefited Sony and customers alike, it’s hard to imagine a scenario where it doesn’t carry into the PS4.

Rumors make it appear that Microsoft will be going heavy on the casual-appeal next-gen, so if Sony wants to play the numbers game it’s going to have to continue to take strides to broaden its appeal. E3 is right around the corner and we all know the PS4 won’t only have a dozen or so games. There’s a lot left to reveal, and a lot of ladies to be converted to the PlayStation family. Sony, don’t let us down.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/03/sony-looks-to-female-and-casual-demographics-with-ps4/
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 am

So now MS and Sony will go after the ladies, right?
Seems legit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 8:12 am

So they wasn't doing that before with the Move how?
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 am

R.I.P sony
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:18 pm

They can have their fun, as long as the PS4 doesn't forget its base.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
They can have their fun, as long as the PS4 doesn't forget its base.

Exactly. If the want to broaden the demographic a little bit, that's fine, so long as they don't leave the core fan base out in the dust. I'm looking at you Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Well, shit. It's over PS4 is finished.

What do they mean by attracting female gamers? I wouldn't say their interests are radically different from our own. I think the real reason there aren't as many chicks playing consoles is because there is still a stigma that video games are for nerds. I think all they need to change is their marketing, a lot of developers try too hard making their game look dark or edgy. Actually it would also help if 80% of the main characters in games weren't bald/short brown haired white guys.

I remember there were a ton of chicks that played Left 4 Dead on 360, at least 3 or 4 in every lobby. One thing I suspect is that there are a lot of girls who play Halo, Cod, or other FPS games but because of all the sexist assholes on those games most choose not to speak on the headset or use party chat.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:24 am

Stigma wrote:
Well, shit. It's over PS4 is finished.

What do they mean by attracting female gamers? I wouldn't say their interests are radically different from our own. I think the real reason there aren't as many chicks playing consoles is because there is still a stigma that video games are for nerds. I think all they need to change is their marketing, a lot of developers try too hard making their game look dark or edgy. Actually it would also help if 80% of the main characters in games weren't bald/short brown haired white guys.

I remember there were a ton of chicks that played Left 4 Dead on 360, at least 3 or 4 in every lobby. One thing I suspect is that there are a lot of girls who play Halo, Cod, or other FPS games but because of all the sexist assholes on those games most choose not to speak on the headset or use party chat.

Fuck, man I thought it was just some odd coincidence that whenever I played L4D it would be full of chicks, clans of chicks. They were just as bad as the fellas for giving stick. Had some good banter with them.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:58 am

girls dont even play vidya gaymez
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Sony is finished.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 am

Special interest groups!!

GO VAGINAS!!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Angry Birds bundle incoming?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:47 pm

More games like Knack!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Stigma wrote:
Actually it would also help if 80% of the main characters in games weren't bald/short brown haired white guys.

I can only think of Max Payne. Which other games have bald white guys?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4   Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony Looks to Attract Female and Casual Demographics with PS4
Page 1 of 1