Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console

Go down 
+11
Orc
Hydell
Angelus
Stigma
Jack the Spectre
The_Biotic_God
igame
Mecha
Based Sonji
Archduke
Bluenose
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:29 pm

According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

Game Informer first reported that the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

Back to the hardcore audience? Sounds good to me. And backwards compatibility is always a plus. It isn't surprising they're going HD next gen, it would totally suck if they didn't. They better add a classic controller.

Last edited by Teckno on Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Teckno wrote:
According to multiple reports today, Nintendo will reveal a new console at E3 this coming June.

Game Informer first reported that the console is capable of running games at "HD resolutions." Our sources have said the the console is significantly more powerful than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and that Nintendo's intent is to recapture the hardcore market. Another source said it is capable of 1080p resolutions.

Nintendo is reportedly showing the console to publishers to garner interest for a late 2012 launch.

Additional sources tell IGN that Nintendo will release a pre-announcement this month with a full reveal expected at E3 and that the console will be backwards compatible with current Wii software.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1161875p1.html

Back to the hardcore audience? Sounds good to me. And backwards compatibility is always a plus. It isn't surprising they're going HD next gen, it would totally suck if they didn't.

Holy shit. If this is real, then I'm becoming a Nintendo fanboy again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:40 pm

360/PS3/Wii are years old now, whereas MS wont launch a new console thanks to Kinect & 360S, and whereas Sony can't launch a console because they simply cannot afford to with the PS3 just becoming profitable. Nintendo are in the perfect position to launch one.

What I want:

- Nintendo tend to use their own format, but I want it to be similar to Blu-Ray in terms of storage capacity.

- I want it to be a sizable length ahead of the 360/PS3 technically, with a decent hard drive to go with it.

- It needs to launch with good third party support, games like BF3, Skyrim and ME3 need to follow up behind HD Mario & Zelda. This would make Nintendo's system unparalelled in terms of quality games available.
- They need to take online functionality seriously.

This gen is showing its age, I really want Nintendo to lead the charge into the next one, with Epic, Crytek, DICE and others following them. The biggest thing they have to worry about is a 'Dreamcast' situation, but if they price it right, they should avoid.

Fingers crossed, E3's gonna be big.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Sonji wrote:
360/PS3/Wii are years old now, whereas MS wont launch a new console thanks to Kinect & 360S, and whereas Sony can't launch a console because they simply cannot afford to with the PS3 just becoming profitable. Nintendo are in the perfect position to launch one.

What I want:

- Nintendo tend to use their own format, but I want it to be similar to Blu-Ray in terms of storage capacity.

- I want it to be a sizable length ahead of the 360/PS3 technically, with a decent hard drive to go with it.

- It needs to launch with good third party support, games like BF3, Skyrim and ME3 need to follow up behind HD Mario & Zelda. This would make Nintendo's system unparalelled in terms of quality games available.
- They need to take online functionality seriously.

This gen is showing its age, I really want Nintendo to lead the charge into the next one, with Epic, Crytek, DICE and others following them. The biggest thing they have to worry about is a 'Dreamcast' situation, but if they price it right, they should avoid.

Fingers crossed, E3's gonna be big.

Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Oh shit!
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm

Just don't force us to use motion controllers only for most games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm sad about this. It marks the end of the current gen of consoles and this will rush Sony and MS to release their consoles.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:11 pm

Alanski wrote:
I'm sad about this. It marks the end of the current gen of consoles and this will rush Sony and MS to release their consoles.
I don't think they're gonna do that. Microsoft is banking too much on Kinect and Sony is only starting to make bank on the PS3. They won't jeopardize that by making their own competitor.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 pm

Either way, I don't see why people are suprised that it's going to be more powerful than the PS3/360. I mean come on that comparison is awful. 360/PS3 tech is 5 years old. The Wii 2 looks to be shit on the hardware side if all it is capable of is a little bit more than the PS3/360. I mean each generation there is supose to be a huge leap in hardware. For example, the PS3 is theoritcally 40 times more powerful than the PS2. The the next generation of Sony/Microsoft consoles will be much more powerful than the Wii 2 at this rate.

Hardware isn't the most important aspect. I want to see how they handle online gaming this time around and I wonder if they will still go the same route as the Wii did with it's casualness.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:47 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
I don't think they're gonna do that. Microsoft is banking too much on Kinect and Sony is only starting to make bank on the PS3. They won't jeopardize that by making their own competitor.

Kinect is just an add-on, not a console. Microsoft can always carry over Kinect support on the next Xbox console. And as the PS3 it may now be profitable, but once Nintendo releases their new console, PS3 sales will get nowhere.

So yeah, there's actually no good reason for the two companies not to release their next-gen consoles sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 pm

If it can run games at 1080p native with at least a steady 60FPS then I'm sold. I agree with Sonji, our current gen consoles are at their limit. The games that have come out this year don't look a whole lot better than what was available in 2009. Killzone 3 didn't look much better than the second, and Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 will barely look better than UC2 did. I really want a new console. Microsoft and Sony probably won't release one soon, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until 2014. Especially considering that they're at competition with each other, not Nintendo.

I hope they can get a good RPG lineup though; tbh I don't really care much for Nintendo franchises other than Pokemon and Mario.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
If it can run games at 1080p native with at least a steady 60FPS then I'm sold. I agree with Sonji, our current gen consoles are at their limit. The games that have come out this year don't look a whole lot better than what was available in 2009. Killzone 3 didn't look much better than the second, and Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 will barely look better than UC2 did. I really want a new console. Microsoft and Sony probably won't release one soon, I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until 2014. Especially considering that they're at competition with each other, not Nintendo.

I hope they can get a good RPG lineup though; tbh I don't really care much for Nintendo franchises other than Pokemon and Mario.
They're only in competition with each other because Nintendo is going after a different market (which, actually, both companies have attempted to capture, with Microsoft being the one of the two to do so successfully). Once Nintendo releases this new console, they'll be in the same hardcore market as Sony and Microsoft and will be competition.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Unless Nintendo gets an exclusive game that actually interests me, I won't be getting this.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 am

I'm with Ang, most nintendo franchises just dont interest me in the slightest anymore....maybe if i was like 7 years old again i might play mario....but its time to move on
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:11 am

FUUUUUU!!!
You can fucking tell Nintendo that I only just bought their shitty wii.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:23 am

I still choose a game from Nintendo over a ps3 or xbox game. I'm quite looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

nintendo will have a head start..lets just hope either microsoft or sony announces their new console this e3 too..head start will give nintendo a better chance of being first place
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 8:26 am

If it goes back to its old audience instead of those gimmicky shit then nintendo gets my respect back. The problem with the wii was that it was to limited.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Pein wrote:
nintendo will have a head start..lets just hope either microsoft or sony announces their new console this e3 too..head start will give nintendo a better chance of being first place

Who cares?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Sonji wrote:
Pein wrote:

Who cares?

its all abuot teh salez, mang!!1!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Ahhhhh...Im gonna miss this generation. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:02 pm

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

The PS3 still has a lot of life in it, and the Xbox might be able to to live off of scraps. You can't forget about all the people who take NO interest in Nintendo anymore.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

The PS3 still has a lot of life in it, and the Xbox might be able to to live off of scraps. You can't forget about all the people who take NO interest in Nintendo anymore.
I know, I know. But after the generation is gone, I'll probably wont get the next gen's consoles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Update: Sources now confirm to IGN the new Nintendo controller allows players to stream entire games to the device from the console, saying it's like a miniature television. The screen size on the controller is also confirmed to be six inches in size.

Very, very, very interesting. I can't imagine what the controller would look like or play like, but as of now, I don't know how to feel. Disappointed or intrigued..
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:26 pm

How big do you think it will be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console   Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Set to Reveal New Console
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next