Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems

Go down 
+6
Pickles1337
The_Biotic_God
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Orc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems Empty
PostSubject: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:44 am

I can't help but notice that some people seem to praise EVERYTHING about the system they own. Now, fair enough if you like the fact that a gaming system has a certain feature others do not and you compliment that feature. But some people, even on this very forum, seem to pretend that even a system's flaw is an advantage. Don't you know where to draw the line?

This is the sort of logic some people have:

Ps3's updates and installs are good, even when they take over an hour because you don't have to get off your ass and put a disk in? lol or because it gives you a chance to run downstairs and get something to eat? (because I heard start buttons are non-existent)

And maybe constant system breakages (xbox or ps3) are good too because it gives you a chance to take a break from constant gaming?

And when a company doesn't support your console with exclusives that's fine because you've had so many the previous year that you're still trying to catch up?

And having to pay for online is a good thing because you have lots of money to spare? Or maybe because you have too much money to keep and you ran out of space?

Or perhaps multiplatform games aren't as good as exclusives because ya know.... they're multiplats....exclusives are always better....always...

Okay, I've taken some of these to extremes but it's representative of the kind of silly comments you see. Why can't people learn to accept that their console isn't perfect?!? No, mandatory installs are not a fucking good thing. Paying for online is not fucking good either.

TAKE OFF THOSE FANBOY GOGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:53 am

So true man i agree.

I have also noticed that during the 5th and 6th generation nobody really cared about small flaws of a console or game. Nowadays with youtube and fanboys people seem to try to find every single flaw of a console simply to defend the console they do like. While during the previous generations nobody gave a shit and only just played their games.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 am

All fanboys are stupid.
No console is without it's flaws.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 am

I can't help but feel like the first example was directed at me, when you're clearly exaggerating when I said.

But yeah, I think it's stupid to worship a piece of plastic.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Dude, they are called Fanboys and have no life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 pm

TRF wrote:
I can't help but feel like the first example was directed at me, when you're clearly exaggerating when I said.

It didn't read like an exaggeration. It felt more like he was quoting you directly Razz.

I told you guys how fucking ridiculous yall sounded. "Well I'd rather have a 20+ minute HDD install than a 30 second disc swap....CAN YOU MAKE A SANDWICH WHILE YOU DISC SWAP!?!?"
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:45 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:

It didn't read like an exaggeration. It felt more like he was quoting you directly Razz.

I told you guys how fucking ridiculous yall sounded. "Well I'd rather have a 20+ minute HDD install than a 30 second disc swap....CAN YOU MAKE A SANDWICH WHILE YOU DISC SWAP!?!?"
The sandwich thing was a joke, and I told you, my installs never take more than 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:48 pm

It doesn't change the arguement at all. There are games that have longer HDD installs, it's not secrete.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Alanski wrote:
It doesn't change the arguement at all. There are games that have longer HDD installs, it's not secrete.
Well I'm a lazy ass. I would rather not get up to change a disc. That's just me. I never said you had to live my lifestyle. There's a reason you're skinny. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:58 pm

TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:
Well I'm a lazy ass. I would rather not get up to change a disc. That's just me. I never said you had to live my lifestyle. There's a reason you're skinny. Razz

Yea, but if you think about it hardly any games are multi-disc Razz. It makes your arguement altogether pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Alanski wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Yea, but if you think about it hardly any games are multi-disc Razz. It makes your arguement altogether pretty weak.
Yeah, and the amount of games that require mandatory installs is also inflated. I'm not trying to convert you to my point of view, so there's no real argument to counter.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

I fool around when I make fun of my friend's Ps3 for having NO GAEMS.

Then he retaliates and calls my system the "Xbox $3.60 a month".
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Any fanboy comment i make is for fun Razz but seriously i do make sandwiches when i'm waiting for updates lol
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Lol @ the second one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
That's pretty good, actually. I haven't heard that one before.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Xbox 3.60 a month lol can't wait to use that one on my friend (:
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 10:28 pm

ALL HAIL XBOX!!!

MAY WE CAST DOWN THE EVIL THAT IS SONY!
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:41 am

TRF wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
That's pretty good, actually. I haven't heard that one before.

Googled it and got shit.

My friend's a genius. Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:29 am

TRF wrote:

:lol!: You see right through me man :king:

Quote :

What a genius! Gotta start using that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:55 am

http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/blogs/psn-outages-are-not-making-xbl

sigh, another fanboy trying to defend flaws -.-
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:05 am

igame wrote:
You mean xbox 3.60 a year......
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
igame wrote:
You mean xbox 3.60 a year......

Um no.

XBL is ~4-5 bucks a month. It's 60 dollars a year, not ~4 dollars a year.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:57 am

there's fanboys everywhere..youtube is the biggest site on the internet for fanboy wars,when i poke fun of the ps3 fanboys,i do it just for fun and i might say something about the ps3 but other than that,both systems are awesome and im glad i have both
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems   Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rant: Worshipping Gaming Systems
Page 1 of 1