Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.

Go down 
+9
Pizzy3C
Mikenuge
Based Sonji
ArchAngel
TheJubJub5721
Chobo
UltraZFury
Orc
Archduke
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  Empty
PostSubject: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 pm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1161617p1.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:03 pm

its not really steam though is it on ps3? its steamworks iwchich is quite diffrent.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:07 pm

Lykos wrote:
its not really steam though is it on ps3? its steamworks iwchich is quite diffrent.

It's steamworks, a console version of Steam.

Also. UMAD UMAD
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:00 am

Need to get this.
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:18 pm

UltraZFury wrote:
Need to get this.

Once PSN is back Online
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Lykos wrote:

Well the only thing really different is you can't buy games directly, yet.

Quote :
offers cross-platform matchmaking, gameplay, friends, chat, and achievements, all powered by Steam. Steam on the PS3 also saves co-op game progress and single player saved games to the Steam Cloud, enabling players to pick up where they left off on any PlayStation 3
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:19 pm

I hate steam soo much...

Actually, I hate all digital distribution...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Zeratul wrote:
I hate steam soo much...

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:34 pm

Zeratul wrote:
I hate steam soo much...

Just because it is digital distribution? Steam is a great service way better than PSN and XBL combined multiplied by 100.

And with digital distribution, you cannot lose or break your game. You don't have a physical copy but I can deal trading a physical copy for a version that I can get anywhere and won't break.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
I hate steam soo much...

Just because it is digital distribution? Steam is a great service way better than PSN and XBL combined multiplied by 100.

And with digital distribution, you cannot lose or break your game. You don't have a physical copy but I can deal trading a physical copy for a version that I can get anywhere and won't break.

Yes, I do hate it because its just digital distribution.If steam actually had phyical copy of things and shipped it to you with great deal(which I heard steam has), then I would love it.

With digital distribution, your just paying to PLAY the game.You practically own nothing.If im gonna fork up $60 for a game, I want to atually own a physical copy of the game.I want to be able to show it to my friends, bring it to their house or just simply sell it if I dont like it.Not to mentino theres obviously no collectors for digital distribution.

If putting a disc back in its case after use is too hard for you, thats fine.But having more options to use your own property at the cost of putting it back in its case after use is perfectly fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:10 pm

https://i.imgur.com/6LjPy.png

Valve = Epicsauce.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:31 pm

[quote="Zeratul"][quote="TheJubJub5721"]
Zeratul wrote:
I hate steam soo much...

With digital distribution, your just paying to PLAY the game.You practically own nothing.If im gonna fork up $60 for a game, I want to atually own a physical copy of the game.I want to be able to show it to my friends, bring it to their house or just simply s

so let me gets this straight you like playing full price for games when i get them half price, you also hate digital distribution ? so you hate XBL marketplace and are against DLC ?

dude u mad
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:19 am

Damn... I'm gona jump right on PS3 now and play with some of my PC friends Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  2505020059
Back to top Go down
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 1:04 am

Pizzy3C wrote:
Damn... I'm gona jump right on PS3 now and play with some of my PC friends Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  2505020059
i see you trolliiiin, im hatiiiiin Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  21888
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
I hate steam soo much...

Yes, I do hate it because its just digital distribution.If steam actually had phyical copy of things and shipped it to you with great deal(which I heard steam has), then I would love it.

With digital distribution, your just paying to PLAY the game.You practically own nothing.If im gonna fork up $60 for a game, I want to atually own a physical copy of the game.I want to be able to show it to my friends, bring it to their house or just simply sell it if I dont like it.Not to mentino theres obviously no collectors for digital distribution.

If putting a disc back in its case after use is too hard for you, thats fine.But having more options to use your own property at the cost of putting it back in its case after use is perfectly fine for me.

But if you break it, and you didn't pay extra for a warranty, then you're fucked. I will take cheaper priced games and give up the physical copy. And if you go to a friends house, you can download it there. And no one said putting a disc back is too hard...you came up with that on your own. The benefits of digital distribution greatly out way no physical copy.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Sonji wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/6LjPy.png

Valve = Epicsauce.

How generous of them!
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:13 pm

That is absolutely amazing. Gabe Newell is obviously the Godfather.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:36 am

CernaMLD wrote:
That is absolutely amazing. Gabe Newell is obviously the Godfather.
Don Corleone was a criminal. Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  725796345
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.    Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve reveals steam details for Portal 2 on PS3.
Page 1 of 1