Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?

Go down 
+5
Mikenuge
Stoney
Blixtstorm
Archduke
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? Empty
PostSubject: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? Origin10

Quote :
The source told Kotaku that Valve veteran Coomer is spearheading the Steam Box team, which is said to be “just 5-10 people” strong.

Everything else the source turned up is publicly available material; in October, Coomer tweeted a link to a Seattle Times article in which the possibility of Steam hardware is discussed along with several other topics.

Earlier in the month, Coomer mentioned that “building a mini-ITX form factor PC is hard” but gave no indication if he was referencing something official.

In early November, he posted an image of a finished mini-PC, with “i7 quad core, 8GB ram, Zotac Z-68 mobo w/ onnboard Nvidia mobile gfx” – matching specifications leaked to the Verge.

Neither Coomer nor Valve have given any indication that the developer’s tweets are anything but personal projects. Valve is yet to confirm or deny rumours of its move into hardware, which surfaced over the weekend.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? 409191096
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Not the Game cube, but the Gabe Cube.

That's a real name for it. And it would suit Valve... lol
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:23 am

If this is true this will most likely be my choice for next gen. Being so damn used to laid back console gaming i've been hoping for a console that would run steam for a long time especially so you don't want to worry if you can run this or that. Alienware x51 has already proven that this is possible and valve could most likely lower the cost. Although i don't know if it will sell as great compared to the big 3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
If this is true this will most likely be my choice for next gen. Being so damn used to laid back console gaming i've been hoping for a console that would run steam for a long time especially so you don't want to worry if you can run this or that. Alienware x51 has already proven that this is possible and valve could most likely lower the cost. Although i don't know if it will sell as great compared to the big 3.

It would also incorporate mods and I imagine would be a much more open system. And tbh, none of the console exclusive games are really a big thing to me, my favourite games OOT are multiplats.

If this were through I'd purchase the GabeCube as Blixt put it, as long as it was truly next gen, hardware wise.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I see the point of this a small affordable gaming PC running some version of steam and perhaps maybe even be able to boot into another OS like Windows

But if you want a gaming PC just buy one & if you want a console just get a console

seeing as valve doesnt make hardware other than the shell of it im interested to see what kind of specs it has but other than that i dont really see the need for a bridge between the to.

anyone can build a computer in a small case aslong as your hardware fits : ) these companies just stick there name on it and charge you twice as much Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? 21888

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Why is it every time we hear rumours about the next gen or gaming systems they always have a picture of a fucking router...like were supposed to believe thats the new console.

:areyoufuckingk
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? Ps4-co10

Sexy ass router if you ask me.

:face:
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:22 pm

^
There's just so many design flaws and potential screw up in that design to even be plausible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:12 pm

http://kotaku.com/5891697/shooting-down-rumors-valve-says-theyre-not-making-a-game-console-any-time-soon

"Shooting Down Rumors, Valve Says They’re Not Making a Game Console Any Time Soon"

Seems like either trying to decrease expectations or they are not making one.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:31 pm

I already have a valve box its called a computer....
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:57 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
I already have a valve box its called a computer....

Think of a computer with the convenience of a console for the technology inept like myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?   Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve readying set-top system called Steam Box?
Page 1 of 1