Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics

Go down 
+9
The Enkindler
Bipolar
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mecha
Chobo
Orion
Based Sonji
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:48 pm

You're forgetting that one of those is comic book material, while the other is a book; Those are completely different adaptations.

Though, I'm kind of split about this. On one hand, I do enjoy it when it's true to the source material, but on the other hand, I also want it to have its own altertations and feel to itself, so that it's not just a comic book pasted unto the movie screen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Also what do you mean "true to the comics"?

Which comics? The one's YOU like? Because comics aren't monolithic, there are different adaptations by different authors.

Last edited by Teckno on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

You guys still don't get it do you? I've been over this a million times already. We don't complain about inaccuracy just for the hell of it. If a director wants to make changes then fine, but why change something that you can't improve on?

Here's a example: Magneto's reason for hating humans is never truly explained in the films. A lot of non-comic books readers think it was the Holocaust that trig Magneto into hating humans, which makes no fucking sense because it was a mutant who killed his parents. In the comics, Magneto has a very very GOOD reason for hating humans. But I guess they never explained it because either the filmmakers didn't get far enough into the comics or it was just simply too dark.

There's a lot of stupid changes like this all the time. You guys just don't see it because you're not familiar with the original story like we are.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Wtf I posted a comment and it's been deleted? Why?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
You guys still don't get it do you? I've been over this a million times already. We don't complain about inaccuracy just for the hell of it. If a director wants to make changes then fine, but why change something that you can't improve on?

Here's a example: Magneto's reason for hating humans is never truly explained in the films. A lot of non-comic books readers think it was the Holocaust that trig Magneto into hating humans, which makes no fucking sense because it was a mutant who killed his parents. In the comics, Magneto has a very very GOOD reason for hating humans. But I guess they never explained it because either the filmmakers didn't get far enough into the comics or it was just simply too dark.

There's a lot of stupid changes like this all the time. You guys just don't see it because you're not familiar with the original story like we are.

And you're still bitching and moaning and complaining and bitching and bitching and bitching and whining and complaining and bitching and moaning and bitching and whining and bitching...
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Mecha wrote:

Mecha, for the last time:
WE-DO-NOT-CARE!

So stop complaining and get over it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm

The Enkindler wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Mecha, for the last time:
WE-DO-NOT-CARE!

So stop complaining and get over it!

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 11065110
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 pm

^^^ Sarcasm won't really do you much good on this particular situation, pal. :lulzsec:

Last edited by The Enkindler on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Supreme God Hydell wrote:
Mecha wrote:

And you're still bitching and moaning and complaining and bitching and bitching and bitching and whining and complaining and bitching and moaning and bitching and whining and bitching...

You forgot bitching.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:49 pm

The Enkindler wrote:
^^^ Sarcasm won't really do you much good on this particular situation, pal. :lulzsec:

Not a fan of Greek mythology are you?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Mecha wrote:

Don't forget bitching. Mecha's one salty motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

General Jack wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Don't forget bitching. Mecha's one salty motherfucker.

How can ya'll forget complaining?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 pm

No one gives two shits but I'll fucking bite this one time.

Most people can like your shitty movies without even reading one of your shitty picture books. You picture book faggots can't comprehend this.

You guys complain about every little fucking detail. Right down to she size of Spiderfuckingmans dick. Did Stand Lee bend you guys over and shoved a hardback copy of your favourite picture book right up your arses?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 pm

This is the problem with clueless cunts like the above poster, I already said this in my post which someone deleted for no apparent reason, but we only complain if it's a retarded change that isn't an improvement or just plain unnecessary. Like in Jonah Hex when they gave him powers to talk to dead people or in Constantine where they made Constantine not Constantine and a shitty fag or in Watchmen when they made it blatantly retardedly obvious ozymandias was a bad guy from the start. Not exactly small things.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Changes so little it can annoy the fuck out of an entire forum. Fuck me you guys even complained about the new Spiderman title before it was even fucking released.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:18 pm

"Why Mecha makes these kind of threads?
Because he can't win the comic book argument so he resorts to dirty tactics in a futile attempt to humiliate us."

You have no argument. All you can say is, "who cares? Stop bitchin" blah blah blah. I can say the same thing about you when you bitch about Hercules. And the only reason you bitch on the chatbox instead on threads, is so that you won't come off as a hypocrite in front of everyone. Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh my fucking God!
I.... I am a hypocrite!
I have been officially humiliated in front of everyone.

I will never live with myself. 😢 😢 😢 😢
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Like I said, no argument. Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Padders wrote:
Changes so little it can annoy the fuck out of an entire forum. Fuck me you guys even complained about the new Spiderman title before it was even fucking released.
Because completely changing the core of the character are small changes
I guess if they made goku a polar bear that would be a small change
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 pm

I guess Paddy was okay with Dragonball Evolution as well. After all, there was only a few minor changes to the characters.

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 Dragon10
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
I guess Paddy was okay with Dragonball Evolution as well. After all, there was only a few minor changes to the characters.

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 Dragon10
Hated that movie regardless of its source. You don't see me making a thread just to bitch my point by smashing people in the head with a baseball bat.
Back to top Go down
Bipolar
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
Bipolar

Stature : 11
Summoner's Rift
Playing : League Of Legends

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 P0vFriB
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/forum
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:36 pm

Bipolar wrote:
Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 P0vFriB

Dammit, Bi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2