Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hollywood is racist

Go down 
+9
yonny616
Stoney
Mr Canai Spy
The Enkindler
Bipolar
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Franko
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:46 pm

I meant ethnically Jewish.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
I meant ethnically Jewish.

There is no Jewish ethnicity though...

I think what you are trying to stay is the generic Eastern European Jew whom are white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes. One of The Thing's trademarks is that he's a blue-eyed Jew. You can't change that.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 7:32 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jew

Quote :
The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.

Just for arguments sake.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm

HOLLYWOOD IS AT IT AGAIN!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Shpuples/news/?a=82021
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:21 am

Shredder has a race? I mean I guess if I were to think about it, he's Asian but really anyone could do Shredder. As for the Fantastic Four, I've got no problem with Johnny (Jamal?) Storm being black; Sue Storm can be black too. EVERYONE can be black!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

On that cracked article, my favorite is #2: Black people don't blend in like white people.Hollywood is racist - Page 2 457301478Hollywood is racist - Page 2 457301478Hollywood is racist - Page 2 457301478Hollywood is racist - Page 2 457301478

I know I threw a little fit over Electro's race being changed, but eventually I got over it. Still don't like Jamie Foxx though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:35 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Shredder has a race? I mean I guess if I were to think about it, he's Asian but really anyone could do Shredder. As for the Fantastic Four, I've got no problem with Johnny (Jamal?) Storm being black; Sue Storm can be black too. EVERYONE can be black!

lol, no wonder you defended the whole alien origin. If you knew about Shredder's past, then you would know why making the turtles into aliens doesn't make any sense at all.

Also it does matter who plays as Shredder. They cast a white dude to play Oroku Saki. Fucking Oroku Saki! Even if people are too stupid to know that his name is Japanese, you can't avoid his Japanese origins.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:59 am

Yeah Shredder should be Asian, and making Johnny Storm.black just seems like a whole lot of effort for no reason, they'd have to change Sue to black and that would mean Franklin and Val would be black. Why not just introduce some actual fucking black.characters than changing white or asian ones?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:12 am

Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

lol, no wonder you defended the whole alien origin. If you knew about Shredder's past, then you would know why making the turtles into aliens doesn't make any sense at all.

Also it does matter who plays as Shredder. They cast a white dude to play Oroku Saki. Fucking Oroku Saki! Even if people are too stupid to know that his name is Japanese, you can't avoid his Japanese origins.
If by "defended the alien origin," I said, "who gives a shit" then yeah. But again, accuracy isn't everything to me. It shouldn't affect a film in any way, shape, or form.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Hollywood is racist - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 am

Well it kinda will Jack. Changing the whole premise of the character and their origins will have an effect.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 7:34 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

If by "defended the alien origin," I said, "who gives a shit" then yeah. But again, accuracy isn't everything to me. It shouldn't affect a film in any way, shape, or form.

Quit being ignorant. It's NOT about accuracy. The whole alien origin thing just doesn't make sense at all. You say it shouldn't affect the film, yet you know nothing about the characters' origins. Hollywood is racist - Page 2 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood is racist   Hollywood is racist - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hollywood is racist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2