Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' Empty
PostSubject: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' EverywhereMEME-NoGamesPS2Xbox360

Quote :
Jonathan Blow, the independent game developer behind Braid, revealed his new gameThe Witness at Sony’s PlayStation 4 reveal. And while it’s not a PlayStation 4 exclusive,it will be on Sony’s platform first.

Speaking with Edge Online, Blow notes that the new, still-unknown Xbox 360 successor is “not strictly about games,” leading him to PlayStation 4 as a result.

“To me[,] they talk about a console that is not strictly about games. It’s trying to be the [center] of the living room device, which is fine and maybe it’s the right thing for Microsoft to do, business-wise. I don’t know; I actually don’t think it is, but they’ve certainly thought about it more than me!”

Blow then goes into his previous working relationship with Microsoft. “I’ve had a bad time working with Microsoft in the past. Maybe not super bad, but a moderately bad time in terms of business relationships. Other developers who are friends of mine have had a horrible time, so the idea of signing up again with Microsoft isn’t something I’d have ruled out, but there’s a certain amount of dread I have about doing that again.”

He notes that he doesn’t “have that [feeling] with Sony.” But he goes on to say, “Who knows, maybe it’ll turn out to be just as bad at the end! But I don’t think so.”

This isn’t the first time Blow has made his unhappiness with Microsoft known. He notedback in February that he doesn’t “have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now,” while echoing the same general sentiment from the Edge interview, noting that his studio “like[s] the positioning of the PS4 more than what we perceive Microsoft’s positioning is going to be.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/braid-dev-new-xbox-not-strictly-about-games
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Can't say I'm surprised, really. I just hope Microsoft starts to get their shit together and make me a damn Killer Instinct III already!!!1 Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' 21888
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Not sure if I should be worried about this or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:21 pm

I once heard that Microsoft were being complete assholes to the creator of the Wii motion technology. Which is why he went with Nintendo instead.

Last edited by Mecha on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 pm

in other words, NO GAMES.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'   Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Braid Developer: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'
Page 1 of 1